Complaint Review: slamoc.com - Texas

, Texas
    United States

slamoc.com Scammers/fraudulent site Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Address Inaccurate

I should've gone with my gut that said this was too good to be true! Before ordering, I looked for online reviews & complaints and found hundreds of what I thought were legitimate positive reviews. There were a few complaints about shipping delays but nothing that flat out said they were scammed. All kinds of red flags went up when it came to the payment process. At first I thought it was some teenage video game geek scamming people for PlayStation credits. Then I thought perhaps it was a company that found a way around paying taxes on revenue b/c they're being paid in PlayStation gift cards?! All the signs were there but I jumped anyway! I'd received several emails when my order was awaiting payment and after I'd sent the voucher code. Again I thought, perhaps this is legit. Since then, I've heard nothing but crickets!! No emails responses and the phone number does several odd things when you call it! Against my better judgment, I ordered a gift for my husband. I figured the worst case scenarios was that I was either out $50 or I'd file a dispute with Amazon and see if they could fight this for me. I imagine whoever is running this scam is responsible for posting all those positive reviews. Don't be fooled...it's a scam that someone is profiting very well from! Take this as a warning if you're considering ordering anything from Slamoc.com: DO NOT DO IT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2017 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/slamoccom/texas/slamoccom-scammersfraudulent-site-texas-1418117. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Address Inaccurate

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States)

The address in your review is not the business. It is my home, and I have no affiliation or knowledge of SLAMOC, which is/was clearly a scam.  A company called Yext was paid to populate this company over +/- 70 directories which made it look legitimate.

I tried to get the user info from Yext, but they could not provide it.

If you are capable, would you, please remove my home address from your review.

Thanks for your help.  Paul