Complaint Review: Sling TV - Internet

• Reported By: StrangeAsAngels — Petaluma California USA
  • Sling TV

Internet
    USA

Sling TV BEWARE. THEY WILL IGNORE CANCELLATION, CONTINUE TO CHARGE AND REFUSE TO REFUND Internet

They are horribly unethical.  I signed up for a 7-day trial.  The same day, I called them and asked how I could use ON DEMAND.  I was informed that they didn't have this feature.  I immediately knew this wasn't for me so I cancelled.  I was told by their rep that they were cancelling my account.  They did not.  I noticed that they have charged me twice now.  Did I ever get a receipt of anything?  Nope.  They just kept charging away.  I missed the first month because I was recovering from eye surgery and hadn't gone through my itemized bill but the second month, I caught that they had been billing me.

They claim they have no record of my cancellation call so I went and sent them a copy of my cell phone bill which has the call to their company on the night that I cancelled.  Sling TV doesn't like evidence.  They will just cling to their "we don't do refunds" stance. [continued below]....

.....  They also admit that they can see that I have not used their service in the entire time they have been charging me.  They still refuse to give me a refund in spite of the overwhelming evidence that I did cancel within the trial and I did cancel when I said I did.  Their rep screwed up and rather than own this, they just keep giving me some scripted response about how they won't give refunds.

I called and asked to speak to a supervisor who refused to get on the line claiming I would need to email them.  finally, I filed a dispute with my credit card company who had to put a block on them to make sure they no longer charge me.

Aside from their shady code of customer ethics, their platform is subpar to Playstation VUE which I now use.  Stay away, stay far far away.  Do not give them your credit information unless you want to keep paying for something long after its cancelled.   This is by far the most negative experience I have had with a company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2017 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sling-tv/internet/sling-tv-beware-they-will-ignore-cancellation-continue-to-charge-and-refuse-to-refund-i-1354150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content