X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: The Cleaning Authority - The Woodlands Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Frustrated in Spring TX — Spring Texas United States of America
  • The Cleaning Authority 27326 Robinson Rd #214 The Woodlands, Texas United States of America

The Cleaning Authority Very Poor Customer Service - Worst cleaning by lazy team The Woodlands, Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

My husband and I both work and have a decent sized 2 story home.  The house is not messy or "dirty" as we vacuum and keep things picked up.  But we decided that mopping and wiping down baseboards, cleaning toilets, etc took a lot of time in this house so we decided to call The Cleaning Authority as we received a flyer in the mail.

We received a visit for an estimate and decided to try them out.  We had an open-ended contract and they were to come every 3 weeks.  The first 2 detailed cleans were good cleans and we were happy with the service.  The 2 ladies that came did a good job and were very pleasant.

After the initial detail cleans, another team started coming.  Unfortunately things went downhill.

The service would call ahead of time and let us know when they were coming - if neither my husband or I were available, we would move it a day or 2.  One of us were always at the house when the team came over and the 2 ladies definitely had a different work ethic than the original team.  They halfway vacuumed, didn't wipe down doors and cabinets that were on the list for the day to do.  There were areas in the kitchen that they didn't even attempt to vacuum - small crumbs still on the floor.  The mopping took the cake - they would mop the floor - but mop a  huge area without ever cleaning off the mop and then they would walk across the wet floor with their tennis shoes on while it was wet- leaving marks on the floor after it dried.

We called and complained and the 2nd clean they sent the same team...with the same results...this time they completely skipped mopping the master bath - which was on the list for a detail clean!  Same issue with the mopping.

They called us the night before our next scheduled clean and my husband informed them that neither of us would be home so we would have to move the clean - the next day - I had a charge on my account for a "lockout fee" because we werent at the house.

I called to talk to a manager and after 2 days and several phone calls, I got a call back.  They stated that they had informed us 3 times prior of the lockout fee - NEVER HAPPENED and that there was nothing she could do.  When I mentioned the 2 prior cleanings and how bad they were, she had no apologies.  I told her that if this is how they run their business, we would be cancelling.  She said Thanks and hung up...So i am guessing I am stuck paying the $60.97 "lockout fee".  I had requested that she send a copy of the "contract" that my husband supposedly signed...I still haven't received that!

I wish I would have read all of the complaints I saw online about this company as they are definitely true.  I would NOT recommend this service to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2009 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-cleaning-authority/the-woodlands-texas-/the-cleaning-authority-very-poor-customer-service-worst-cleaning-by-lazy-team-the-woodl-525864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair