X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Union Trust Financial - Covette Country Austin - Langley British Columbia

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Denver Colorado
  • Union Trust Financial - Covette Country Austin 1422 Pallisades Dr. Langley, British Columbia Canada

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Received a Letter stating I was one of the third category winners of a Lottery Draw held Feb 16, 2007.
It stated the receipt with certain serial numbers which I was supposedly received when I purchased the sweepstakes ticket drew the lucky numbers.

I was to be entitled to $250,000 US funds payable by a bank draft to be delivered by a special courier.

Enclosed was a check for $3800.00 from JP Morgan Chase Bank N/A in Austin Texas. The purpose was to pay for the Tax Clearance Fee.

Then I was to notify my assigned claims agent, Nicole Redman, as soon as I received the notification. I called the number, it was picked up by voice mail stating it was the North American Lottery Commission and to leave my information and a detailed message and someone would contact me as soon as possible. At this writing, no one has contacted me yet.

Will write more when I hear back or when I call the number again.

Jimi
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/10/2007 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/union-trust-financial-covette-country-austin/langley-british-columbia/union-trust-financial-covette-country-austin-is-this-for-real-you-have-to-be-kidding-l-273586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
7Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not a Fool and Not Greedy

AUTHOR: Jimi - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
The check is IN the trash. I'm just playing along with the game. I have no greed and never intended to deposit the check. I knew all along it was a scam. Never doubted that for a moment.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
You're wondering how to proceed?? How are you to go about getting the money?? Wake up already! There is NO money!! Its a scam, dont you get it? They are just waiting for you to deposit the check they sent you and send them back a m.o. for most of that and the scam is complete!

You say you want to "educate" others, THROW THE CHECK IN THE TRASH! DONT FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Don't let greed control your actions, dont become another victim! But I suspect you already have. dont worry, your bank will be calling you soon!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Union Trust Financial Covette Country Austin IS THIS FOR REAL? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING Langley British Columbia

AUTHOR: Jimi - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, September 10, 2007
They called me back and acted surprised I had called their number; said they don't handle money at that place, but would find out what I'm supposed to do. NO! I'm not a fool who would fall for this scam, but now I've had a taste of their scam AND become a statistic.

I'm curious as to how they will continue what they do. do they ask for account #, do they tell me to deposit the check, do they give me other instructions to pick up the $250,000. I'm going to play this through, IF, they call me back with further information. What better way to educate the poor people who have fallen for this, than to give them all the information I can.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't be foolish!!

POSTED: Monday, September 10, 2007
Throw the junk mail in the trash where it belongs! Don't let your greed sucker you into this SCAM!!! You surely are not going to call them back are you??????? Did you deposit the check??? Did you send them the money???? Well, if you did, you've already become the latest victim!! Set by the phone a few days, it will ring!! It will be YOUR bank telling you the check bounced, and they want their $3800.00 back!!!!!

The scammers will not answer their phone, and you'll be stuck for the money...and theres not one thing you can do about it!!

Please come back and let us know how you plan to handle the banks demands for their money back!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair