Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
Report: #427323

Complaint Review: WPI*Friends - Lake Worth Florida

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Wibaux Montana
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • WPI*Friends 7765 Lake Worth Rd Lake Worth, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-243-9726
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

WPI*Friends WPI*Friends: Scam Artists Lake Worth Florida *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account when it's wrongfully taken from you!

*UPDATE Employee: Reply from iFriends

*Consumer Suggestion: You May Be Able to File a Complaint with Palm Beach County's Consumer Affairs Division

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

These scam artists withdrew money from my account 5 times in 2 days totaling $76.73. These charges were unauthorized. They can justify taking the money all they want but they are nothing but low life criminals. Just think of all the people that don't know they have taken money out of their account or don't do anything about it. I have never visited a porn site in my life so I don't know how they got my debit card info. My bank put the money back in my account and is investigating the charges.

Wibaux, Montana

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder,
Author of

A Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency consumers, for consumers

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#2 UPDATE Employee

Reply from iFriends

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, March 23, 2009

Unfortunately, because Heather did not provide very many individual details, we could not find the account in question. We very much want to resolve the issue that Heather has brought up, and we strongly urge her to contact our Customer Care Department, which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and can be reached by calling 1-800-243-9726 (a toll-free call from the US).

If Heather received charges from the iFriends service as she describes, it is because someone who had knowledge of her personal information, including her credit card number and billing address, created an account and used it to access premium services. We urge Heather to contact us as soon as possible so that we can locate the account, refund the charges that were billed, and provide information about who created the account. We actively cooperate with law enforcement to track and prosecute those who commit credit card fraud on our services.

We have been in business for 13 years, and we have more than 9 million satisfied customers. We have consistently maintained excellent ratings with all leading consumer protection agencies. In addition, we have developed online consumer best practices that have been adopted by many other services. The iFriends service is verified by TRUSTe and is on its sealholder list of the most trustworthy online businesses.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You May Be Able to File a Complaint with Palm Beach County's Consumer Affairs Division

AUTHOR: PBC Consumer Affairs - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, February 23, 2009

You May Be Able to File a Complaint with Palm Beach County's Consumer Affairs Division. Our agency has jurisdiction over most business transactions occuring in Palm Beach County, Florida.

Palm Beach County Division of Consumer Affairs
50. S. Military Trail Suite #201
West Palm Beach, FL 33415

561-712-6600 (Direct)
561-712-6610 (Fax)

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Featured Reports

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now