X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Xlibris Publishing - Bloomington Indiana

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Daniel — Dayton Ohio United States
  • Xlibris Publishing 1663 Liberty Drive Suite 200 Bloomington, Indiana United States

Xlibris Publishing Dog Ear Publishing $1,939.54 down the drain Bloomington Indiana

Xlibris markets their own services well, offering good value for their publishing packages. Once they collected the money, in my own case, they placed me in what I'll call "content evaluation jail" until I would resubmit my memoir manuscript first with a requirement that I seek written permission to even cite any other works in my bibliography.

Then, after dropping that one, they required name changes on all of my real life stories of consequence. Then, after I complied with that, they required me to change my own name so no one in any of my many stories could possibly claim defamation by some indirect association.

As an ordained clergyman with no incriminating or even critical mention of anyone else's direct or indirect involvement in my stories, I refused to lie about my own identity. My own private reader group expressed a consensus that the Xlibris content evaluator(s) were offering no credible rationale based upon any actual libel laws, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2018 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/xlibris-publishing/bloomington-indiana-47403/xlibris-publishing-dog-ear-publishing-193954-down-the-drain-bloomington-indiana-1445973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content