Complaint Review: Eharmony.com

• Reported By:Charlevoix Michigan
Eharmony.com
www.eharmony.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Www.eharmony.com No way to opt out Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: I understand your frustration!

I thought I had made it clear that I was not intrested in receiving so called matches from eharmony when I did not renew my membership after 3 months.
(I knew some of the women they said were good matches for me and I knew for certain that they were clearly not.)

I have received over 30 emails in the last two moths saying "so and so" might be interested in you.

I notified them by email that I wanted to opt-out from receiving any further emails from their company. They told me I would have to log in. I told them I didn't have a password. They said they would give me a new one. I emailed them that as I understood the law they were requried to provide a simple way to opt out. I continued to get so called "matches."

Today I got frustrated enough to ask for a new password. Which they did. I checked the box that told them I want to receive no more matches, but clearly the rest of my bio and pictures remains in their posession.

It is my belief that they violate FTC laws by not providing an easy way to opt-out from receiving information from them and their maintaining personal information on their site.

Unharomonized
Charlevoix, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2008 01:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eharmonycom/nationwide/Wwweharmonycom-No-way-to-opt-out-Internet-325592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eharmony.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I understand your frustration!

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I took a marriage quiz a few months ago, which was free, but it took me FOREVER to get them from bugging me for more info, for more seminars, which of course, cost. I sent email afer email and finally they stopped bothering me. Never again! They spoiled their harmony with me forever!

Cat