Complaint Review: Lexington Law

• Reported By: j-- — billings Montana United States of America
Lexington Law
P.O.Box 510290 Salt Lake City, Utah United States of America

Lexington Law Beware of Lexington Law Firm Scam Salt Lake City, Utah

*Author of original report: lexington law scam

Decided I wanted to clean up discrepancies on my credit report.  Discrepancies mind you.  Example; incorrect addresses (moves that I did not make), and any thing that was not my credit.  Spoke to someone from this company after doing a quick search.  Decided to sign up with and understanding that I had 15 days to decide if I wanted the service ($9.99).  Could not get MY FREE reports from equafax and experian threw their website (which uses annualcreditreport.com) because of misinformation (as stated above) and was locked out.  I contacted lexington law several times about being locked out and not able to get my reports....this was going on several days.  They suggested I use truecredit.com and purchase a trial to get the reports (another $14.99).  I finally got all the reports and found it fishy that the company would not do the leg work when this is why I hired a company!  Had I done some research on this company I would of come across the MANY, MANY COMPLAINTS that I now see.  And I would not be charged $99.99 for bogus "letters sent out on my behalf".  Don't believe anything they do or do not tell you about the service charge...i.e. "we can push back the billing date of service for you" does not mean you can think on whether you want this service or not longer, you are already going to be billed the $99.99 charge.  You don't even get to see these letters.  O-and FYI if you do decide to go with the company make sure you check in with them regularly to make sure your monthly bill is the $39.99 and not the $79.99.  I contacted a local credit counseling service that was free threw the county.  Found all the info I needed for free and was warned about this company.
1.) Get your credit reports, free by law annually (annualcreditreport.com) or call the 3 bureaus directly.
2.) You can contact the bureaus for free (800 #s) and get instructions on how to address misinformation and have it corrected...once again for free.
3.) Want to get any negative reports ex sponged...
a.) you can contact the company with a letter explaining why this should not be on your report, set up payment plans, or ask that the debt be waived for such and such reason.  =Free  Example, medical bills
b.) you can also get your own dispute forms on-line or threw the 3 credit bureaus!!! Free!  You can send out your own dispute letters every 30days free!!!
Bottom line this company is charging astronomical fees telling you they are doing something for you that you can do yourself for free, are misleading in misinforming consumers, and scamming them out of their money.  Don't buy it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2010 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lexington-Law/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84151/Lexington-Law-Beware-of-Lexington-Law-Firm-Scam-Salt-Lake-City-Utah-653373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lexington Law

lexington law scam

AUTHOR: j-- - (United States of America)

Lexington Law will not refund money.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC