occasions

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Goodlettsville Tennessee
Projector Lamp Center
4060 Peachtree Rd Suite D-334 Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Projector Lamp Center Ripped Me Off Atlanta Georgia

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Dissatisfied Customer

I ordered three lamps and they charged my credit card, but failed to deliver them. I have recorded a message from one of their customer service reps offering an explanation and a guarantee that they would be shipped UPS Red that afternoon, but they never were. When I call and spoke with Grant Rinehart, my sales rep, he promised they would be shipped UPS Red and would send me tracking info that afternoon, all of which failed to occur. They have not returned any of my calls or refunded my corporate Visa or delivered my merchandise. These folks are practicing thievery over the internet and need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Do not do business with them - I am amazed they are still allowed to do business with all of the claims against them for stealing from us small business owners.

John
Goodlettsville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2008 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Projector-Lamp-Center/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Projector-Lamp-Center-Ripped-Me-Off-Atlanta-Georgia-301926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Projector Lamp Center

Response to Dissatisfied Customer

AUTHOR: Customer Service - (U.S.A.)

We are truly sorry for the experience that this customer has endured. Here is our explaination.

Customer purchased lamps on 11/6/07. The total order consisted of 4 lamps. Similar to most resellers of lamps we enlist direct shipment from wholesalers and/or manufacturers to provide backup support in cases of low inventory or backorder conditions. An order was in fact placed with a wholesaler for this order. Unfortunately this wholesaler failed more than once to get this order shipped.

The customer asked for a full credit on his credit card on 11/26/07. We inform our customers that refunds can take 30-60 days at times to process, especially during the busy holiday season. Things like insuring the order was cancelled and not in process at the time, completing the refund process with merchant services, and the banking system procedures for fraud protection and returning the funds all play a role in the process.

We received a backcharge notification on December 31st while in the final stages of getting his refund finalized and working with his bank to get the funds deposited. The refund process then had to be reversed taking in consideration there were 2 full credits being processed at the same time. Our accounting dept instructed Visa to accept his backcharge without argument so the customer could get the money as soon as possible. The original internal refund was cancelled.

We apologize to this customer for any bad feelings he may have.