Complaint Review: Realtor.com

Realtor.com
30700 Russell Ranch Road Westlake Village, California USA

Realtor.com is Dishonest and Deceptive Westlake Village California

*Consumer Comment: Realtor.com Sandy Price

I was contacted by Rona at Realtor.com about their Co-Brokerage connection program where she told me that for $247/month that I would receive approximately 6 leads per month.  I told her that I wasn't interested in any long term commitment because most, if not all internet leads are no good and a waste of time and money.  She assured me that their program was different and after further discussion I agreed to try their service out but again I said I did not want to be tied to a long term commitment.  She told me that I could cancel if I wasn't happy.

The day after I signed up for their service, I received my first lead which I responded to immediately.  As expected, the lead was a dead lead, no phone number, and after several attempts to contact the lead over several days with no response I gave up on the lead.

the second lead that I receive actually had a phone number and I was actually able to make a connection with the lead however they were niether a serious or qualified lead.  On our second phone call, the person admitted that being from out of state and just looking and after realizing that So Cal real estate was so expensive, the lead reconsidered her relocation and decided to move to a less expensive state.

The remaining leads that I received have also been dead leads, with no response to emails except for one scammer.  Only one other lead provided a phone number and guess what - not qualified and not serious.

My other issue with sites like, and including Realtor.com is that their data is often incorrect and outdated.  A lead might make an inquiry about a property however that property isn't in our MLS or it has already been sold.  I had 4 leads email me about a property that wasnt even in our MLS system

After a month with the service I contact Rona and told her that thier solution wasn't working for my business and I reiterated that online leads are junk and that I wanted to cancel.  She offered to replace my leads that were no good, never says that I was locked into a contract, and convinced me to keep their system which I agreed to for another month.

The next month all i have received is dead leads.  I contacted Rona again but she didn't return my phone call.  I sat on hold with their customer No-service department which said I was next in line and the wait time was less than 30 seconds - well 8 minutes later, someone answered the phone.  They were very nice but couldn't cancel my service, said I had to speak to another department but that the person was on the phone and would call me back in a couple of minutes.  that person, Randy - one of their produce specialists called me back more than a half hour later and basically told me that I couldn't cancel because I was under a contract.  When I told him I would contact my credit card company, he got nasty with me and said that they will provide their terms and conditions to the credit card company and show them that I agreed to it which I never did.

After that call I left a message for Rona again who didn't return my phone call but a person named Sandy Price did.  She is a regional sales coach - which is basically someone who pressures the real estate agent to keep their system.

She said that she spoke with Rona who claims she was clear with me that I was under a long term contract.  I told Sandy that I was up front with Rona in that I was not going to agree to any contract and when we initially spoke about their services when I signed up, she said I could cancel at any time.

Basically, Realtor.com is calling me a liar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 12:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Realtorcom/Westlake-Village-California/Realtorcom-is-Dishonest-and-Deceptive-Westlake-Village-California-1060750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Realtor.com

Realtor.com Sandy Price

AUTHOR: iwantfairservice - ()

I too have spoken with Realtor.com's Sandy Price and she is not an accomadating person. She is like a robot and only agrees with the company line. She is not flexible and her people skills are horrendous. For a public company that is listed on the NASDAQ exchange and whose parent company is MOVE, Inc, this employee Sandy Price is not doing your company any favors. I would never do any business with this company or its subsidiaries. STAY AWAY!!