Complaint Review: TD bank

• Submitted: Mon, April 11, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 11, 2011

• Reported By: ajaypal — burlington New Jersey United States of America
TD bank
1050 chestar avenue township of delran nj 08075 delran, New Jersey United States of America
  • Phone: 8887519000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

TD bank commerce bank becomes TD bank now lost my cheque and give attitude bad customer service delran, New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Well...

. [continued below]....
....HI my name is ajaypal s and i 've been a customer of commerce bank which changes into TD bank since last seven years. I am so not happy with the customer service of TD bank. I deposited this $ 3500  cheque on 04/08/2011 on friday and cashier told me it's going to take 3 business days to clear the cheque. Then i went to the bank on 04/10/2011 to withdraw some money from my account ,happenly i asked the cashier about my balance in my account and asked about my cheque that i deposited on friday and he said he don't see any cheque of $3500 being deposited. I showed my deposit slip to the cashier he told me to go to the customer service and when i go to the customer sevice she said she have to put research on my cheque. i have to sit there for couple hours and then she gave me her card and told me to call later to know the status of my cheque. Then i called other day, she said she could not find my cheque, i told her to put a supervisor on the  phone, then she put supervisor on the phone and told me that i temporarily put a money in your account but i have to show a bank new cheque and get another cheque stopped, i have to run around whole day and i still have money missing in my account and i encountered a bad customer service

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2011 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TD-bank/delran-New-Jersey-08075/TD-bank-commerce-bank-becomes-TD-bank-now-lost-my-cheque-and-give-attitude-bad-customer-se-716416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TD bank

Well...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The only "RipOff" seems to be your lack of knowlege of the english language after being in the country for at least 7 years.

First of all Weekends and holidays are NOT business days.  So if you deposited the check(in the US it is not cheque) on 4/8(Friday), 3 business days would either be Wed or Thursday.  That would depend on if you deposited it before or after the "Cut-Off" on Friday.  If you deposited after the "Cut-Off" on Friday it would be treated like it was deposited on Monday(4/11), and that is when the 3 days would start, thus it wouldn't be available until Thursday.

You went on 4/10(Sunday) and it would be totally normal for the check to be "missing", especially if it was after the "cut-off" time where it may not even be deposited and showing up in their system yet.

If this was the case it is confusing as to why they would give you a credit(even temporary), because your deposit slip should show the time deposited.  Also, if this is the case the Teller and Supervisor did make a mistake, and probably did cause you more grief and problems than needed.  Now, if they did in fact "loose" the check, giving you a credit(even temporarily) seems like a fair response.  For one you didn't even have to wait the 3 business days that was originally stated.

Now you didn't mention the source of the check, and I hope you know the person that gave it to you.  I say this because $3,500 is in the range a lot of scams deal in.  This is where someone you don't know sends you a check, ask you to cash it and send them back money by Western Union.  They will usually give you some reason such as you won a prize and this is taxes or a promise of some sort of job.  However, a few days later the check comes back as bad and you are now stuck for the money.