Complaint Review: EyeGlass World

• Phone: 402-484-5535
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

EyeGlass World They gave my glasses away! Lincoln Nebraska

I ordered two pairs of glasses for my son. I got the one pair that day but the other pair had to ordered and wouldn't be ready right away. In all honesty, I forgot about them but I also never got a phone call stating that they were in and ready to picked up. My son's other pair of glasses won't stay adjusted and I asked him about the other pair. He said we never got them. I couldn't believe that we had forgotten to pick them up or that I had never gotten a call from EyeGlass World to pick them up. When I called today they said they had given them away to the Lion's Club but they did give me a $30 credit on my account for new glasses. LOL! I said that won't pay for a new pair and he just said yes he knew. At this point the manager was not in so I'm waiting for his call.

I'm a single mom and I have to save all year to buy him new glasses. Granted, I thought we had already gotten them but why didn't they call me or send a letter stating the glasses were done. Instead they just gave them away! I order my contacts from an eye doctor in Minden Nebraska who just ships them to me. I would have gladly paid shipping or done something to make sure we had gotten them. I'll keep this post updated to see how this is handled but after reading the other post my hopes aren't very high.

Lynn
Seward, Nebraska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2009 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/eyeglass-world/lincoln-nebraska-68510/eyeglass-world-they-gave-my-glasses-away-lincoln-nebraska-426462. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content