X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Aamco Transmission - Wilmington Massachusetts

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Woburn Massachusetts
  • Aamco Transmission 520 Main St. Wilmington, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Aamco Transmission Ripoff Absolute Bullsh*t!!dishonest untrustworthy greeted with a smile while getting f****d Wilmington Massachusetts

*General Comment: Still happening

*Consumer Comment: Perspective by a Volvo Owner

*Consumer Comment: NOT TRUE!!!!

*Author of original report: REMOVED!!

Took my 1994 Z28 Camaro to Aamco in Wilmington on a reference from a friend. Went in and was quoted 1300-1650 for a full rebuild with all street and strip parts. Get the car back and its now just under $2,200. Ok, driving the car, its nice, FOR 1,400 miles. Going onto the highway I lose 3rd and 4th gear, o thats great. Take it back and they say,"Yup were going to have to rebuild it again" and I say "NO S**T!!" So they replace it under warranty. Now, me being a gearhead since I was 9, I ask"just out of curiosity, was there a shift kit in that" and I get told "there is now" hmmm weird. So I figure okay, everythings great, minor hiccup, nothing serious, YEA RIGHT! Im now 512 on the dot from when it was just rebuild, AND ITS ALREADY SLIPPING? This is unbelievable, Im going there tomorrow to attempt to get my money back but we all know what they're going to say. To sum it up, STAY AWAY, THESE PEOPLE ARE GOONS!!!!

Matt
Woburn, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2007 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aamco-transmission/wilmington-massachusetts-01887/aamco-transmission-ripoff-absolute-bullshtdishonest-untrustworthy-greeted-with-a-smile-239892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#4 General Comment

Still happening

AUTHOR: Derek - (United States)

POSTED: Saturday, April 07, 2018

AAMCO Wilmington is still using bait and switch, ask worst case they tell you 2300-2600 and once transmission is off they call you and say they found more repairs, 1000 more ! They try to give you a lesser warranty than advertised,a rebuilt transmission is supposed to get a 18000 mile 18 month warranty but they try to give you the total car care one at 12000 12 months , been back there 3 times over 7 weeks and my truck is stil not right , now this last time the owner Angelo try’s blaming motor mounts being loose and ball joints! They did a complete inspection prior to working on my truck and said nothing but because they don’t want to pull off transmission and fix it right they lie ! If I took this truck to another transmission place they would say rebuild it ! Stay away from aamco

NOT TRUE!!!!

AUTHOR: Edward - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, April 04, 2007
I have been doing business with the AAMCO shop in Wilmington Mass for close to 30 years. They have never been anything but friendly and professional. They honored the warranty on my vehicle for 25 years after the original rebuild and never charged me a cent. They are a family run business and 2 generations of the Cutter family have treated my family with the ultimate in courtesey, respect and professional services.
If anyone living near me asked who to take a vehicle to for transmission service, I would strongly recommend the Wilmington AAMCO shop.
73 Commando

REMOVED!!

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, April 03, 2007
REMOVED!!!

Perspective by a Volvo Owner

AUTHOR: Sariyd - (United States of America)

POSTED: Thursday, September 30, 2010
I just want to offer my experience to offer some perspective here. I just got transmission work done by AAMCO in Wilmington (520 Main St) and they did a great job on my 2004 Volvo XC90.

My 'Transmission Service Urgent' light came on and I had the vehicle towed to them. My extended warranty company (based in Utah) did everything they could to deny my claim on the grounds that it was a pre-existing condition. The warranty company ordered THREE separate inspections to find any grounds to refuse my claim and Anthony (mngr at AAMCO) went to bat for me.

After FIVE WEEKS the warranty company finally had to accept the claim and they paid for the extensive work. I paid $197 (of which $100 is the deductible so my actual cost was $97) for a job that would have cost me more than $4000!!! Thanks to Anthony and his crew I got what I needed and they now have a customer for life!

I do not refute Matt's story at all, but, again, just wanted to offer some perspective based on my experience.

Truly,