X  |  CLOSE

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
On April 2005 I have purchased a laptop from Alienware for $3800 and since then I regret about it. This story began when my laptop started to overheat as I used it to play games, then suddenly it shut down. After that, there was nothing I could do to turn it on. As my warranty expired, I had to pay Alienware another $170 so I can have a telephone support. It took about too weeks before they could receive the payment because every time I called them to check if the they got the money, they would say that sorry, you spoke to other representative and he did not save any bank details I gave them.

However, after they received the payment, all that I heard from the support was to press few buttons, which I did and the laptop turned on. But after few months it turned off again and did not want to turn on or anything. When I took it over too a workshop I was told that the mother board has burned, however I got it repaired fro about $100 (it was cheap, because my friend who worked in this shop helped me out).

After that, the laptop worked for another 3 months and died again, this time it was the video card which burned completely, I had to pay $680 to get the new one. Finally I received the video card, installed it and after a week the laptop died again, the motherboard fried again, however this time it is serious. That means that another $480 should be spent by me to make this piece of junk work.

The thing is that I am not the only one that Alienware had disappointed by producing very expensive computers which do not work properly and I still do not understand why they are not being sued! And the most important thing that I want to say is NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM ALIENWARE, THEY ARE LIERS AND THEY PRODUCE FALTY EQUIPMENT.

Alexandr
Yaroslavl
Russian Federation

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2007 06:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/alienware/dublin-2-other/alienware-3800-spent-on-a-laptop-which-died-4-times-dublin-2-internet-274150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair