Complaint Review: Amazon.com - Windsor Locks CT

• Reported By: Alan — Ashford CT United States
  • Amazon.com

Windsor Locks, CT
    United States

I have been a Customer of Amazon for 14+ years and had been routinely prompted by them to write reviews for products purchased.  Up until a 2-3 years ago, I ignored these mostly due to time constraints.  I then began to respond with reviews as I realized this is part of the Amazon experience - ie; I had used reviews many times myself to make a purchase decision and decided should reciprocate.  Recently, I received an email from Amazon stating had been blocked from the review community.  I responded to ask why as I wasn't aware of anything I had done outside of their published guidelines.  They replied with the following:

-- Elements of your account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.

-- Your reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.

-- You requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.

None of this is true.  I have never solicited, accepted, or received anything free from Amazon or any supplier dealt with.  I have never been paid, or received credit for anything, from anyone related to Amazon or their supplier/affiliates.  I have zero relationship with any supplier on Amazon.  I am simply a Customer, using their service to buy stuff for personal and business use.

What really upsets me here is the lack of any real appeal process.  Their emails say the following:

"We made this decision after carefully considering your account. This decision is final, and your community privileges will not be reinstated."

They will NOT indicate what lead to this decision, nor can one speak directly to anyone in their review department.

I was a loyal, honest Customer, who did not do anything knowingly to be blocked like this.  And I have spent many thousands of dollars over the years here.

This is a slap in the face, and I am offended and hurt.  Something they begged me to do for years, when I finally start doing, I am shut down for reasons that are completely untrue.  There is no proof of these accusations, as I have not done any of the things I am charged with.

Now, one might think that this is a trivial matter, as I have now been relieved of having to write any further reviews… but there is a principal here.  Amazon does not have the right to subject me to punishment over untrue allegations.  I am prepared to enter a legal action in order to get this blemish from my record.

I will now contemplate the next step towards restoring my credibility.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2018 12:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/amazoncom/windsor-locks-ct/amazoncom-blocked-reviews-windsor-locks-ct-1438832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Same Thing Happened To Me

AUTHOR: George U. - (United States)

The same thing happened to me. I've been a loyal customer since 1999. Without any explanation, my reviews were deleted and I was unable to post any reviews on products I had purchased. I was accused of the same things you were in the canned email responses that I received. I have no idea why my reviews were suddenly deleted, since they had been up for years. I, too, have never been compensated or received any freebies in exchange for a positive 5 star review. The only freebies I received were through the Amazon Vine program. I have no idea which product Amazon feels I got "free." All were purchased, either from Amazon or elsewhere. I had no recourse, even though I tried to work things out with their customer service. I've never been treated so callously by a company, and I don't know what I did "wrong" to deserve such treatment. I decided that I wasn't going to patronize any company who treats their customers in this way, so I closed my account.

I feel for you, but I don't think legal action against Amazon will do any good. They are too big and can afford the best attorneys. The only thing you can check out is if there's a class action suit against Amazon that you could join.

Wow...

AUTHOR: Alan - (United States)

Everything I said in my post is true.  And I do not appreciate being accused by a nobody of lying.  Have a nice day...

Seriously?

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

I really have no idea if this is a joke or not, but figuring you are serious let's look at a few of your statements.

Something they begged me to do for years
- Please provide us details on how they "begged" you for years to post reviews.

- Accusations? Charges? You aren't on trial for murder here, this isn't even a traffic ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. Yet, you are turning it into a case for the Supreme Court.

Now, one might think that this is a trivial matter,
- You think?

Amazon does not have the right to subject me to punishment over untrue allegations. I am prepared to enter a legal action in order to get this blemish from my record.
- Guess what. Amazon does have the "right" to do what ever they want. It's THEIR site, and YOU agreed to the terms when you got the account. If you don't like it then don't use their site.

I will now contemplate the next step towards restoring my credibility.
The only way anyone is going to know anything is if you tell them. I have never heard of Amazon reporting a "bad reviewer" to the Credit Reports, I haven't seen news reports about people being put on the No Fly List for this,  I also don't think the CIA will be breaking down your door to take you away.

Other than having a bruised ego you haven't been harmed in any way.  That is unless you not being able to post reviews does affect you in a monetary way, and the only way that would be is if you are in fact receving compensation for your reviews.

If this is the biggest concern in your life, you are doing great. As there are many more things in life to worry about than this.  But heck the courts do some crazy things sometimes, so I do hope if you do take legal action you post all of the court information here so everyone can follow it.

Hope it works out for you...Good Luck