X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: (Axia College Of University Of Phoenix - Phoenix Arizona

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Irving Texas
  • (Axia College Of University Of Phoenix axiaecampus@phoenix.edu Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Axia College Of University Of Phoenix They take money from single mothers.... and more Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: There's lots of problems at the University of Phoenix....

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I began in the month of May in 2007 and was excited to take classes to better myself. My councilor soon told me that they information they had for me was not correct and that I needed to resend the information. Then I seriously sent the paper at least 12 or more times. They finally received it then he also told me my loan was $3500 for 6 months. I then asked " Why so much money for a short period of time?" Their reply was " Well you had the convenience of the Internet, that's why!" He also told me that it would take the process with my loans and grants 2 to 3 months.

Then I found out that my loan was only a couple of hundred dollars, and trust me that didn't even put a dent in the loan they took out for me. Then I started to have complications with my Microsoft software and they couldn't even help me. So I eventually had to quit. I had received some papers that stated my balance for the time I used their service and it said $3500.00 for two classes and it also included the materials I had to use for the classes. I was also told by my councilor that my credits might not be transferable and in order for me to transfer to another school I would have to pay off the balance that I owed to the bank. I didn't even get a check in the mail for the remaining balance like I should have.

When first they were suppose get my grants first then my loans, and then they were suppose to help me with anything I needed help with like they said they would. I hope that I can get this settled and some assistance with this matter soon because I do not think I should have to pay for this loan sense it was done wrong . I don't know if that all sounds fishy or not but to for only six months $3500 is a lot of money.

Amanda
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2007 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/axia-college-of-university-of-phoenix/phoenix-arizona-85021/axia-college-of-university-of-phoenix-they-take-money-from-single-mothers-and-more-pho-273865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

There's lots of problems at the University of Phoenix....

AUTHOR: Kyle - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, September 11, 2007
...as detailed in press accounts, and by the US Department of Education in a review of UOP recruiting tactics...The following quotes come from a front page New York Times Article entitled "Troubles Grow for a University Built on Profits."

"But its reputation is fraying as prominent educators, students and some of its own former administrators say the relentless pressure for higher profits, at a university that gets more federal student financial aid than any other, has eroded academic quality."

"In recent interviews, current and former students in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Texas and Washington who studied at University of Phoenix campuses in those states or online complained of instructional shortcuts, unqualified professors and recruiting abuses."

Their business degree is an M.B.A. Lite, said Henry M. Levin, a professor of higher education at Teachers College at Columbia University. I've looked at their course materials. It's a very low level of instruction.

And in late 2006, Intel decided it would no longer fund employee educations at the UOP, as they lack AACSB accreditation. Here's what the president of the AACSB says about UOP ever getting AACSB accreditation....

"John J. Fernandes, the association's president, said the university had never applied. They're smart enough to understand their chances of approval would be low, Mr. Fernandes said. They have a lot of come-and-go faculty. We like institutions where the faculty is stable and can ensure that students are being educated by somebody who knows what they're doing.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair