Complaint Review: BANK OF THE WEST - BURBANK CALIFORNIA

United States
  • Phone: 8185313335; 8185313360
  • Web:
  • Category: Banking

BANK OF THE WEST They took a huge amount from my account which they did not fix BURBANK CALIFORNIA

*Consumer Comment: Don't call

On June 28, 2018, I opened a checking and savings account at the Bank of the West branch at 100 S SAN Fernando Boulevard in Burbank , CA and the representative , Arami Minassi , enrolled me in online and mobile banking with my debit card and PIN mailed out on July 6, 2018. I tendered a check for $850 at the teller on July 6, 2018 and I was told that there will be a 7-day hold on the funds . They also told me that I could call them in case I wanted the funds released sooner . On Saturday ,July 7, I spoke to Nancy Arabian, the manager , who told me that I should call back on Monday , July 8,2018 to check the status of the hold . I also would like to say that the reps at this branch hung up on me twice on July 7,2018. On July 9,2018, I got a call from Nancy Arabian , manager at Bank of the West from 818-531-3360 and she told me she cannot release the hold on the funds because it may not be paid . [continued below]....

..... On July 10, 2018, I was shocked to find out that the bank took $850 from my account when I never took out the funds nor did I use it for purchases. I contacted Arami Minassi at 818-531-3335 and she told me that the manager Nancy will fix it . I was able to talk to Nancy Arabian later and she told me that the check deposited was not good . She also acknowledged that a mistake was made with the overdrawn balance and that she will correct the balance promptly . Upon contacting Arami Minassi at the branch and informing him that I saw the overdrawn balance online , he proceeded to block my access to my account . I tried to call the following day , July 11th, and Nancy Arabian refused to speak with me nor did they fix the issue regarding the overdrawn balance that was incorrect since I did not take the funds out nor did I use it at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2018 04:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-the-west/burbank-california-91502/bank-of-the-west-they-took-a-huge-amount-from-my-account-which-they-did-not-fix-burbank-c-1451297. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Don't call

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

You need to physically go to the bank when any issue like this occurs. It is better to talk to them face to face because an issue is likely to be solved. Go to the bank ASAP and do not call them again.