Report: #331565

Complaint Review: Blue World Pools - Reno Nevada

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Port Richey Florida
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Blue World Pools Reno, Nevada U.S.A.

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

After quitting the company, (I need to mention that I have already filed a complaint here) they stopped payment on my meager check of 1498.55. I cannot get a returned phone from Sean Warren, Mike warren, or anyone else involved with the company. The girl that answers the phone puts me on hold and then comes back to tell me that they are either out of the office or in a meeting. Infortunatly I wrote checks against this amount and have check carges for overdraft. They have caused me to overdraft my bank account for first time in my life. This company is really really bad news.

Port Richey, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2008 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/blue-world-pools/reno-nevada-30339/blue-world-pools-paycheck-was-returned-to-me-after-i-quit-they-stopped-payment-on-my-paych-331565. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Suggestion

Questions, Advice

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, May 09, 2008

Were you an independent contractor or an employee? If you were classified as an independent contractor, did you meet the legal definition of an employee?

The basic difference is that an independent contrator is given a job to do, but the way that he does the job is not heavily controlled by an employer. An employee is subject to close supervision and lacks discretion in how he performs the job.

If you were an employee you can benefit from employment laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, which doesn't allow an employer to "dock" your pay.

If you were an independent contractor, you have to resort to contract law, and the employer can refuse to pay you if you didn't perform the job to contractual specifications.

If you were an employee, first check Florida's department of labor (or similar entity) website. See if there is a means whereby you can get the government to act on your case. In Michigan, the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor and Economic Growth can order an employer to pay up.

If this remedy isn't available to you, or if it doesn't work, or if you were an independent contractor, take the former employer to small claims court. Claim either that they violated labor laws by not paying you for hours worked (if you were an employee), or that they breached your contract by not paying you for work performed (if you were an independent contractor).

Either way, ask that the court grant you the amount of the check, plus all the overdraft and NSF fees you incurred as a result, plus the cost of bringing and prosecuting the lawsuit, plus any punitive damages that may be allowed under the law, plus interest.

Best of luck!

Respond to this report!
What's this?
Featured Reports

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now