X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Budget Rent A Car System Inc. - Mission Viejo California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: James — San Clemente California U.S.A.
  • Budget Rent A Car System Inc. 28570 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo. CA Mission Viejo, California United States of America

Budget Rent A Car System Inc. Bizzare over charges and strange behavior Mission Viejo, California

I rented a car from Budget Rent A Car for four days while my car was in the shop.  When I returned the car the clerk handed me a bill for $336.86.  I protested and showed him a Budget form that said the estimated charges would be $186.46.  He said some other old guy had put in $75 for insurance.  I said this shows a five day rental and I only had the car for four days.  He said you were a minute late.  I said, "Look at the clock, I am two hours early."

Then he said "Tough Luck.  Once it is the computer there is nothing I can do about it and as he walked away, he said "Take it up with Corporate".

I have been using Budget for over twenty years all over the country and I have never encountered anything but politeness and fairness.

I am afraid that the new owners are running a different business.  Judging from the very loud shouting match at the counter next to mine, I would guess I am not the only one who has come to that conclusion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2010 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/budget-rent-a-car-system-inc/mission-viejo-california-92692/budget-rent-a-car-system-inc-bizzare-over-charges-and-strange-behavior-mission-viejo-ca-628415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content