X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Christian Debt Consolidators - Deerfield Beach Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Eureka California
  • Christian Debt Consolidators 201 SE 15th Ter Ste 206 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

I was previously a client of Christian Debt Consolidators a couple years ago and they took advantage of me on so many different levels. First off they are not Christians and this I know for a fact due to the fact I actually know someone that worked for the company after I signed up, they are not Christian they are actually Jewish and using the Christian name to get clients to trust them.

The company has 3 managing partners/owners and they all contact people under alias's first is the President of Company Charles McConnell aka Joseph Miller second is managing partner Dan not sure on last name but known on phone as Chris Baker, third managing partner Patrick O'Deady aka Robert Brandt. And as I metion before they are jewish which I have no problem w/ but to pretend to be Christian for business is cowardly and immoral. I also want to mention that Patrick O'Deady is Catholic not Jewish but Charles and Dan are both Jewish.

This company took $6750 from me as a Fee for a debt negotiation service and did not tell me they would not be handling my accounts and actually passed them on to another provider to service. I have been sued by all 4 creditors and my wages are being garnished which they told me never happens. Debt Settlement ruins your credit and you will be sued and what they do is nothing you can't do yourself. I wasn't even told that I was in a debt settlement they told me it was consolidation and that they called my creditors already and got the debt split in half and that my payments would go to creditors each month.

Nothing has went to creditors and it has been two years and now all 4 creditors have taken me to court and I was originally current on the accounts. Not to mention Joseph Miller really Charles McConnell had told me that since my mortgage was with Chase which was also one of my Credit cards that they could not raise my interest rate on my mortgage through this service and what do you know they have raised my rate from 5.97% to 12.74% which raises my monthly payment over $375 a month.

Joseph real name Charles/President also called me a b***h and other names I don't feel is appropriate to discuss when I contacted him regarding the situation. Every single person that works for the company uses a fake name. I can go through each one if neccessary.

I not only believed that I am owed my money back but that this company should not be able to take advantage of any more hard working Christians that put there faith in a company that doesn't have the same and based on misinterpretation alone is how this company produces business. I have actually contacted an attorney in Florida which is where they are located and am filing a suit against the firm for harassment due to the calls from Charles McConnell's names and calling over and over which I was recording.

This company operates out of an office no bigger than a 1bedroom apt. And makes you believe they are one of the largest in the business.

I am through speaking w/ anyone from this company therefore I'm never speaking w/ who they say they are I spoke w/ Chris Baker aka Dan and then asked to speak w/ someone higher in the company they not knowing I spoke w/ Dan previously and then he became John Schaffer and then again a seperate time Joe Peters which is some sick joke for a name when Charles aka Joseph told me he was putting me through to Joe Peters he thought he put me on hold and started laughing and cussing at me.

I would not recommend anyone use this service no matter what religious background you come from. The company has appx. 8 employees in which 5 are jewish including 2of 3 managing partners which is wrong on so many levels. They sit around and make jokes about clients that qoute scripture from my friend that used to work w/ them and that is actually why this person quit the company.

Not to mention not one employee is a Licensed Financial Advisor and every employee signs Senior Financial Advisor which is actually illegal. Don't get taken for a ride on a moral and financial level.

Ali
Eureka, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2008 04:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/christian-debt-consolidators/deerfield-beach-florida-33441/christian-debt-consolidators-company-is-fraud-on-financial-and-moral-level-deerfield-beach-361012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
4Employee/Owner

CDC Did not treated me in a Christian manner at all

AUTHOR: esequiash1 - (United States of America)

POSTED: Tuesday, May 29, 2012
According to the CDC rebuttal about their company and staff: "Its staff is overwhelmingly Christian and the company strongly adheres to Christian values. No one is perfect, but our staff is instructed to remember that our clients are living in a crisis situation and compassion is a priority."

I, as a former and legitimate client of CDC and I can truly attest that their staff did not treat me with compassion or show any Christian value whatsoever.

Not only their staff is rude and unconsidered but the managers above them are even worse. CDC may claim that Alis testimony is a lie or prefabricated  to damage their company reputation but the ones that are damaging the company are its own employees and managers.

Ripoff guidelines doesnt not allow to post or include any information that could identify the poster and thats why I dont enter such information but if anybody wants to contact ripoff and find out if I am real feel free to do it because I am real and I was a client of CDC and it has been one of my worst experience ever!

CDC did not show any Christian values from the beginning till the last day I was their client and all they did was to rip me off my money and still left me with a large debt to take care in my own!

Key words majority owned by Christians and it is not majority at all employees either BEWARE!!!

AUTHOR: Anoynomous - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Friday, September 12, 2008
Beware don't sign up for your faith do it because you like their service not their faith because they are misleading you and if you would like to save a few extra bucks you can go directly to the people they sell your accounts to which are for Debt Settlement (American Debt Foundation and United Debt Counseling) For Debt Consolidation ( A New Horizon and CRS) all located in Florida just look them up and you will save yourself the first payment as fee.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

POSTED: Thursday, August 28, 2008
Management cannot respond to Ali's point by point accusations since she does not exist. The story is a fabricated set of lies. Our company is, in fact, majority owned and controlled by Christians. Its staff is overwhelmingly Christian and the company strongly adheres to Christian values. No one is perfect, but our staff is instructed to remember that our clients are living in a crisis situation and compassion is a priority. Our office space is not even remotely close to the size of a one bedroom apartment, and anyone is welcome and encouraged to come by and visit with us.

Thanks you for the opportunity to correct the gross, malicious distortion that Ali attempted to convey.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company