Report: #205906

• Countrywide Home Loans
    PO BOX 660694
    Dallas, Texas

Countrywide Home Loans ripoff Dallas Texas

I have refinanced with Countrywide Home Loans. Quicken Loans started the loan. Everything through this company seemed legite. I made payments and struggled to do this. I went from Wells Fargo to Countrywide. My payments are 1083.10, my property tax is 755.55 annually, my insurance tax is 836. They are charging me 132.63 for both.

I have ssi and va and that is my income because I am a widow raising a 15 yr old. I send one check from each account that totals the amount of 1083.10 in one envelope with the payment voucher. until recently there was no problem until last month I got a statement that I had missed my July payment which I have proof that I did not.

I called them and they have said twice that I have only made partial payment. They applied my payment to the principal. I am so frustrated because I have never in the 11 yrs I have been in my house had this problem with a mortgage company like this. They stated WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIS WAY OF PAYMENT BUT NO WHERE ON THE STATEMENT DOES IT SAY THIS, THAT THEY DO NOT ACCEPT THIS KIND OF PAYMENT.

I wrote to them and asked them so if your boss paid you your monthly salary of 1083.10 and he could only pay you 541.55 from two seperate account OF WHICH HIS MONEY WAS DIRECT DEPOSIT, but the two checks totaled 1083.10 would you tell your boss I can not accept this way of payment! HMMMM not!

I really dont know what to do I have credit score of 785 and am struggling. When I called the counseling program to ask is there anything I can do about my payments until I find a job they said no. I recently went back to work thank god but still that is beside the point I have to know that I am secure in this company.

I feel I have been scammed! My statement always states a different amount that I owe than when I call they tell me when I call them I owe a thousand dollars more than the statement.

Angela
Oxford, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2006 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/countrywide-home-loans/dallas-texas-75266-0694/countrywide-home-loans-ripoff-dallas-texas-205906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content