X  |  CLOSE

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Anonymous — Fredericksburg Virginia United States
  • David Scott 245 Decatur Rd Stafford, Virginia United States

David Scott DS Custom Construction Stole our Deposit to replace our roof and never returned our deposit after we cancelled the project because he did not deliver roofing materials and would not start on our roofing replacement project on agreed start date Stafford Virginia

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

David Scott - DS Custom Construction stole our Deposit to replace our roof and never returned our deposit after we cancelled the project because he did not deliver roofing materials and would not start on our roofing replacement project on agreed start date.

David Scott from DS Custom Construction stole $3,000 from me and my wife. On September 9, 2018 we gave David Scott from DS Custom Construction a check #1620 in the amount of $3,000 as a deposit to replace our roof. We have a contract #0217 with David Scott/DS Custom Construction that states he would deliver roof materials and start the roof replacement project on September 28, 2018 and would finish the project on October 1, 2018. I even wrote the dates and contract number on the deposit check. After he cashed the check on September 11, 2018, I sent a text message 4 days prior to start date of the roof replacement project on September 25, 2018 to ask David Scott if the roof materials was going to be delivered on September 28, 2018 and he did not respond until later in the evening after sending a couple of text messages stating I am concerned. When he called me around 9pm he stated he was running behind and had 2 other customers before me and the weather was the factor he could not start on September 28, 2018. He stated he could probably start the next week on Wednesday. I ask him can you guarantee you will start next Wednesday and he said no because he was running behind. I said I need a confirmed date because I have been waiting and need my roof replaced as we agreed on our September 9, 2018 meeting. He then hangs up the phone on me and when I tried to call him back it kept going to voice mail. I sent David Scott a text message demanding my money back. He then sends me a text message the next morning explaining that the rain was the issue why he can't do my roof and I explain to him I want my money back by text. I then left several voice mails, sent him an email and a registered letter for him to give me my refund of the $3,000 deposit I gave him within 7 days of cancellation according to the contract and he never responded.

I called the Spotslvania County Sheriff's Department and filed a contractors fraud case against David Scott for stealing our deposit of $3,000 and not returning our deposit according to the contract for not rendering roof replacement services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2018 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/david-scott/stafford-virginia-22554/david-scott-ds-custom-construction-stole-our-deposit-to-replace-our-roof-and-never-return-1465891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair