What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair

Complaint Review: Esurranty - Las Vegas/Miami NV/FL

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: catherine — NY United States
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Esurranty Las Vegas/Miami, NV/FL United States

Esurranty Esurranty.net, Esurranty.com will not send my my refund Las Vegas/Miami NV/FL

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

Always looking for alternatives and bothered with how expensive Sprint's warranty was, I found Esurranty as an option to cover my new phone. I checked out their website and quickly scanned their reviews online and found that people have been having primarily negative reviews with them, but I decided to go with them because I figured I was going to be paying in full and that I'd never need the insurance because in my many years of having a cell phone I'd never broke anything. Further, I liked the idea of supporting a small company. So on 5/7/18 I got this policy. Of course, as luck would have it, I dropped my phone and cracked my screen about a month later. It took an unbelievable amount of time, energy, and stress to get anyone to give me a straight answer about whether or not I was covered (no one will answer the phone, live chats are only seldom responded to, and you will never get an explicit or direct answer. In giving vague and delayed responses, they are trying to set you up to evade being held accountable).

Finally after two weeks it was determined that I was covered, so I submitted a claim on 6/20... Rick Lewis the 'claims manager' said it was processed and the refund check was in the mail (they give you the choice to send in your device or have your costs repaired). On 7/13, I still hadn't gotten anything in the mail, and they were nonresponsive to all of my phone calls, 'live chats' and emails, so I opened a case with the BBB. The BBB was helpful in eliciting responses, yet although they finally explained why 'tax wasn't being reimbursed', the BBB route was unsuccessful in facilitating the check being sent. On 7/20/18, I sent Mr. Rick Lewis a final email cautioning him I would be pursing litigious routes if nothing would be sent to me. I got an incredibly unprofessional email back- equating a toddler's temper tantrum and stating that a certified mail requiring my signature would be sent. On August 6th, still, nothing was in the mail... I resubmitted a request to the BBB requesting a tracking number, to which Esurranty responded back irrelevantly. Because of this, I am currently pursuing other avenues and have not had any check sent in the mail to me as of yet...

A simple google search of the owner's name will pull up some quite alarming websites (including correctional institutions in Miami) that people have put together over the years... please do yourself a favor and look them up. I have been in contact with esurance, because I was thoughtful enough to sign up for their esurranty.NET site, as opposed to .com, which led to some other interesting insights. First, just because they are 'partnered', esurance is still resolved of any responsibility in regards to paying out, as esurranty pays them to use their name in advertising to lure customers in.  Secondly, when esurance three-way called with me on the line, the phone number esurranty provides esurance is a company called "bright star" or "on star" or something like that, and they had never heard of esurranty.

My complaint was forwarded up the chain of supervisors, so hopefully some investigation will be done. I'm not sure under what circumstances start-up companies are able to get deals with legitimate companies, but esurance assured me that my complaint would be reviewed. Looking at any correspondence I have had with the company, and comparing it to other's experiences (and posts of their actual correspondences), it appears that it is the same individual writing and speaking, as their language and word choices uses in their dictation appears to be similar. Just a thought...

As everything is pending in my case, I URGE you to PLEASE NOT SIGN UP!!! And I'm one of the lucky ones!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2018 06:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/esurranty/las-vegasmiami-nvfl/esurranty-esurrantynet-esurrantycom-will-not-send-my-my-refund-las-vegasmiami-nvfl-1457146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content