Complaint Review: EZ Moving Van Lines - Excelsior Springs Missouri

• EZ Moving Van Lines
    31662 S. Shore Dr.
    Excelsior Springs, Missouri
    United States

EZ Moving Van Lines, Safe Load Moving and Storage 18 67 St. West New York, New Jersey 07093 I was misled, overcharged, and tricked into signing a binding contract ,what I thought was a bill of lading, Excelsior Springs Missouri

In November I contracted with EZ Moving Van Lines to move from MA to TN. I was told my furniture qould be picked up the 3rd or 4th of December and moved directly to Tennessee.  The movers arrived on the 3rd.  I was told that the furniture would arrive in TN in 7 to 10 days.  I expected to get my furniture in 4 days.  This cost my family a lot of motel bills.  My furniture arrived 14 days later!

The cost of the move was estimated to be $8,326.37.  We paid $4,656.31 upfront.  We were supposed to pay the movers $1,835.03 in cash on pickup and again on delivery.  After packing the truck the packers told me that my furniture weighed a lot more than estimated.  They calculated that I should pay $11,668.33 total.  They did not weigh the truck to calculate this.  I signed what I thought was a bill of lading.  Unbeknownst to me I had signed a contract and they would not have to weigh the truck.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2018 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ez-moving-van-lines/excelsior-springs-missouri-64024/ez-moving-van-lines-safe-load-moving-and-storage-18-67-st-west-new-york-new-jersey-0709-1425253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content