X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Fairbanks Mortgage - Jacksonville Florida

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Livonia Michigan
  • Fairbanks Mortgage Po Box 551170 Jacksonville, Florida U.S.A.

Fairbanks Mortgage Deceptive Accounting Practices ripoff Jacksonville Florida

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Fairbanks was reporting me 30 days late on payments not recieved by the 16th of each month.

They also would take money from monthly payment to spread over some other obscure fee causing payment to come up short and no matter the amount short the payment would sit in a limbo account and fairbanks would notify by mail after the 16th of the month that the payment was not a full payment.

After Mortgage was sold to Fairbanks in JAN 01 fairbanks claimed That I was Behind over $5000.00 and needed immediate payment or they would start forclose procedures.

Made agreement with fairbanks to pay two payments per monts on the 25 of each moth. This agreement was made and still I was reported late for each of the first 6moths of the year.

In total they destroyed my credit report so when I sold the home I was unable to purchase due to the asking downpayment and interest rate.

My wife and I will again try to purchase a home in September but we are unable to get Fairbanks to amend the report and make a fair and accurate report of our payments.

Fairbanks also insisted I make a payment and posted it even after the loan was paid in full and in order to avoid further negative reports I sent them the payment and it took months for them to send payment back.

Got channel 7 news involved and company exec. promised to rectify problem he did not.

Finally when Fairbanks purchased the loan in 01 I had an escrowed account they claimed that I did not and installed an insurance policy on the home until i could find proof that I actually did have insurance.

I finally did find proof of the policy and was never sent a refund for the amount of money paid for the policy it was applied to my payment and not the principle of the loan.

to the day I moved I was being sent bills for state county and local taxes that was all in the escrow account.

Edgar
Livonia, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2003 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fairbanks-mortgage/jacksonville-florida-32255/fairbanks-mortgage-deceptive-accounting-practices-ripoff-jacksonville-florida-46191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Don't stop yet

AUTHOR: Agnes - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, February 24, 2003
Dear Edgar,

Since you contacted Channel 7 and received no response, why don't you try printing this page out, get the full name and address for the Channel 7 exec and send it to him certified. With the question "Is this company not worth your problem solving time?". Let him know that if you don't hear from him soon, you will be going to the newpapers about this whole thing on How Channel 7 can't be bothered to help.

Next please contact Ms Marcia Miller,Department of Finance and Mortgagesin Lansing, P O Box 30220, Lansing MI 48909-7720. I have been in contact with her and she has been helping me with Fairbanks. I am sure if you contact her and you are complaining about the same company telling her what they did to you, she will help.

Keep on trucking!!

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair