Complaint Review: Fishbowl Inventory - Orem Utah
Fishbowl Inventory ExpressTech International Unstable Software, Terrible Support, Uncaring Management Orem, Utah
- We spent over $25,000 on their software and another $25,000 on implementation.
- The software was full of bugs from the day we implemented it.
- The connection to QuickBooks has been unstable from day one.
- When we tried to reach them to discuss these issues, we found out that their telephone tech support is only available on a callback basis, and their average response time (for us) is 24-48 hours.
- We had several situations in which they NEVER called us back. Since our expectations have been conditioned not to expect callbacks in less than 24 hours, we've had SEVERAL UNPLANNED OUTAGES lasting several days.
- Their reporting is terrible. Many of the reports that come with the software don't work and then they wanted to CHARGE US to fix their buggy reports.
- Their reports are written in iReports, which requires programming knowledge to use. On top of that, their charges for report customization START at $750 per report and go up from there.
- We contracted with a local consultant to customize reports for us, and later found out that stable reports frequently break when new software versions are applied, and guess what? Fishbowl will not support our previously functioning reports when they break because we didn't pay them usurious rates for report customization to begin with. THIS IS A TOTAL RIPOFF!
- They apparently don't test their software before releasing new versions, because we have had several unplanned outages due to BUGGY RELEASES.
- It is our opinion that they censor their online forums heavily so as not to reveal the tremendous dissatisfaction with this company's business practices, software, tech support and management.
This company likes to portray themselves as wholesome, upstanding Mormons, even closing the ENTIRE COMPANY once a year to do charity work. But these guys are ripoff artists because they sell you a bill of goods, then thumb their nose at you when you complain. The only reason these guys are still in business is they have ridden the coattails of Intuit QuickBooks product line and people don't know what they're getting until they've already been ripped off. And the absolute worst part is that their managers really don't care what you, I or anyone else thinks about their lousy software or support. Everyone knows that corporate culture is driven from the top down and this company's president, Dave Williams, and their Vice President, Grant Kimball, COULDN'T CARE LESS ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.
Unfortunately, we have lost an enormous amount of money and time with these guys, and now we're looking at other solutions because we just can't take it anymore. So, if you're thinking about buying into this company, don't listen to me, do your due diligence. Read the user reviews on cNet and Intuit Marketplace (look up Fishbowl). If you're happy with what you see after that, good luck to you.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/12/2011 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/fishbowl-inventory/orem-utah-84097/fishbowl-inventory-expresstech-international-unstable-software-terrible-support-uncaring-728431. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.