Complaint Review: Gateway Classic Cars
Gateway Classic Cars Unacceptably false advertised a vehicle! Fort Lauderdale Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This documents the problems I incurred after a vehicle purchase from Gateway Classic Cars - Ft. Lauderdale in Coral Springs, Florida. The salesman's name was Tim Luse. He verbally verified the information found in the online advertisement . However, the vehicle listing was unacceptably inaccurate. Here are a few excerpts from the online listing for the 1970 Chevrolet Camaro RS 228 Stock #0234-FTL:
- "yellow exterior paint and black stripes are original"
- Video shows the car starting
- "only aftermarket parts are carburetor, manifold, headers, coil, and distributor"
- Video demonstrates car being driven
- "un-restored and un-molested"
- Video does not show motor skipping
The following is a list of the most significant misrepresentations and issues (and how I had to fix them) with the vehicle :
- Shoddy exterior paint work - certainly not "original" (will require full body paint)
- Appallingly poor body work (needs a magician)
- Would not start (purchased and replaced battery)
- Rear shocks broken (bought and installed new shocks)
- Carburetor inoperable (replaced with new carburetor)
- Exhaust leak due to crude makeshift exhaust system (required new tailpipes and professional welding to fix)
- Heater did not work (required new thermostat)
- Tires decayed and rotten (bought and replaced all 4 tires)
- Motor skips (replaced carburetor and points, reset timing and tuned engine)
- Oil leak (replaced valve cover gaskets)
- Subpar aftermarket radio (needs upgrading or an original version)
- Molested repeatedly over a long period of time (will need years of therapy)
- Warped hood hinges (replaced hood hinges and spring then realigned)
I have been in the automobile business for almost 50 years, with 25 of those years spent as a new Ford dealer. [continued below]....
In all my years of buying and selling automobiles, this is the most crooked dealer that I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I cannot fathom how this business has managed to stay open with the flagrant deception they display. My goal, at this point, is to uncover the unscrupulous business dealings of Gateway Classic Cars so other buyers do not get lied to, deceived and taken advantage of. Buyers, BEWARE!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2018 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/gateway-classic-cars/fort-lauderdale-florida-33065/gateway-classic-cars-unacceptably-false-advertised-a-vehicle-fort-lauderdale-florida-1429564. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here: