Report: #674191


  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Robin — troy New York United States of America
  • GE MONEY BANK - CARE CREDIT 2650 MERRICK RD. BELLMORE, New York United States of America

GE MONEY BANK/CARE CREDIT south shore adjustment co. LLC This company offered me credit for dentures at a company named ASPEN DENTAL located in Albany, NY. They offered me a payment plan that was supposed to be low affordable payments. BELLMORE, New York

*General Comment: Wow so rude!

*Consumer Comment: Are you sure you weren't served???

*Consumer Comment: Obviously you have no common sense

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Hello: My name is Robin and I am filing a report against a company named South Shore Adjustment co. LLC aka GE Money Bank/ Care Credit. I went for dental treatment and dentures at a company named Aspen Dental located in Albany NY. I was in need of partures (lower and upper) and was told by a representative in Aspen Dental that my insurance through my job would not cover for my dentures. I was told that I was not eligible because I had partures through my job insurance in the past and that I was not eligible for at least two or three more years. Aspen Dental offered me an alternative payment through a GE money bank/care credit. I was told it was based on credit approval. I was deemed eligible and was told of how much I was eligible to receive in credit from this company. I was also offered an affordable payment plan. Once I agreed to the service. Aspen Dental started taking impressions for dentures. They offered me various types of dentures that was from very expensive dentures to basic inexpensive dentures. I chose the least expensive ones. When I received my dentures I was very dissatisfied on how they looked and felt in my mouth. I told the dentist that I was not happy with them and did not want the partials given to me. The dentist tried adjusting the partials and trying me to accept the teeth. I agreed to try them for a few days as they asked me to. I did not get use to them and I returned them. I started getting billed by Care Credit. I made a couple of payments as agreed because Aspen Dental Promised to do impressions for partials that I would be happy with. When I returned to Aspen dental they still tried to pursued me to keep the partials they already have given me. I tried to work with them but it just didn't work and I just continued to wear the partials I already had for a few years prior. I continued to be billed by GE money bank. I have disputed the charges and told them that I have not accepted the partials that Aspen Dental tried to offer me. They took my complaints but continued to bill me. Then about several months later I received billing to my personal insurance for the partials. My personal insurance made payment for one set of my partial I am not sure if it was the top denture or the bottom. I notified Aspen Dental of the charges and they said that they credited my charges with GE money bank. They said that no charges are being charged to neither my my insurance or GE money bank. I have been receiving letters from GE money bank with demands of payment. They even charged me a much greater amount then originally offered. I filed a dispute against the charges and haven't heard anymore back from this company for many months. Then I recieved a certify letter from a marshall. The letter was a threat to proceed with court if payment was not made to GE money bank. The letter was in a court vs Robin formatt. It said I need not to appear in court. There was no court date or time. It was merely a letter requesting that I Pay GE money bank within 20 or 30 days. I called GE money bank and again I disputed the charges. I haven't heard nothing from them again until recently which was Dec. 14, 2010 by letter of wage garnishment. The letter came from Rensselaer County Sherriff's Office/Bureau of Judicial Enforcement. The letter states that this is a copy of an income execution. It states that I have 20 days (From December 10th. 2010) from this notice to repay on my own 10% of my gross pay before taxes, or 25% of my disposable earnings (after taxes). They requested a copy of my paycheck. They stated that if payment is not payed each time I get paid from my employer that they will serve this income execution to them for garnish of my wages. I am in need of legal advise in this matter. I was never served any papers to appear in court in defense. I do not know what to do and am seeking for some help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2010 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ge-money-bank-care-credit/bellmore-new-york-11710/ge-money-bankcare-credit-south-shore-adjustment-co-llc-this-company-offered-me-credit-fo-674191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#3 General Comment

Wow so rude!

AUTHOR: Billiejo****1 - (United States of America)

POSTED: Monday, November 19, 2012

I take it u are the Dentist she is talking about? Ask her if shes stupid, sounds to me like u work for Aspen and cant handle the problems u caused this poor lady!

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment

Are you sure you weren't served???

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (United States of America)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The "letter" that you refer to sounds like you were served bya lawsuit where you were obligated to respond to the suit within 20 (or 30) days. A phone call does not preserve your rights in a lawsuit. Based on your post, it appears that GE Money Bank obtained a default judgment against you for the amount of the debt that appeared in the 'letter' you received. Now they have notified you of a wage garnishment - which happens after the default judgment.

You do need legal advice, but not from the internet. Get a consumer attorney to help you.

Contact a local lawyer or an attorney from NACA (National Association for Consumer Advocates) to help you. You would have to contest the judgment and have it removed by the courts in order to not pay this debt or receive a garnishment. Make sure the attorney you contact knows how to handle an issue with consumer debt.

But I have to say, based on your post, what is your defense? You contracted for a service and you contracted for the financing of that service with a different vendor (GE Money Bank). The dentist must have billed his service to GE Money Bank for your dentures. You were dissatisfied with the quality of work, but that didn't stop the dentist from putting the charges on your credit card for the work he did. Do you have proof, in writing,of the credit the dentist gave you for the incomplete work?

You will need to put together valid defenses for removing this judgment (not served etc). I think you have a difficult task ahead of you. You many want to check out the various debtor boards to see how to fight this so when you meet with an attorney you have a plan or some knowledge on what to do to fight this matter. But hurry, that garnishment is about to happen.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

#1 Consumer Comment

Obviously you have no common sense

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First, I need to ask what a "parture" is. Do you mean a "partial"? You used this term several places in your post.

Second, whenever you have a financial dispute, STAY OFF THE PHONE!

You must do all disputes in writing via certified mail, return reciept requested. Put the certified # in the body of the letter and keep a copy for your records.

Any time you recieve any sort of legal demand, you must respond to all parties involved by the means above.

And, no one can just garnish your wages without first sueing you and winning.

That is why they told you that you didn't have to show up! Are you stupid? The reason they didn't want you to show up is so they could win by default and move for a judgement against you! Then comes the wage garnishment.

By the means above, you can file a dispute regarding the wage garnishment, they may call it an "appeal".

Just common sense here.



Respond to this report!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now