Complaint Review: Low Mileage Parts -

• Updated: Thu, July 12, 2018
  • Reported By: Stupid — United States
  • Low Mileage Parts

United States

Low Mileage Parts Also use the title Low mileage engines Low mileage parts , do not buy from them

So, I purchased a 2.7l engine from these clowns over the internet for my 99 Tacoma. At first, dealing with them was ok, and I felt good about buying, so I did. I paid $1,700 for an engine I was told had 112,000 miles on it. So they stated it would arrive in 4-6 business days, which actually took over two weeks. During this time, I called and inquired as to the location of the motor, I got little help at first, then ended up that nobody knew where it was. Now I start to panic a little, and wanted to speak to the manager.

After getting put on hold forever, getting hung up on over several days, I finally got connected to the sales person I bought from, who ended up being the nicest guy that worked there. He told me to give him time to investigate, so I did. Three more days went by until the motor finally showed up at my mechanics shop. The whole staff is rude, and very little help, they just don’t care once they have your money, it’s a joke to them. [continued below]....

.....

When the motor arrived, my mechanic, a good mechanic with 25 plus years of experience called me, and told me we had a problem, and to get down there as soon as possible. When I arrived and looked at this motor, I just about puked. This motor had obviously been sitting around in a junkyard for a while,outside,uncovered, and all wires and sensors had been cut and smashed. The main harness was cut, and the plastic housing at the motor was smashed.

A big and obvious crack in the exhaust manifold, oil cap smashed, dipstick bent and about to brake, and the whole thing was covered in rust and oily dirt, thick! My mechanic assessed that this motor had 250,000-300,000 miles on it, he pulled the oil pan and discovered metal chunks, slop in the rod bearings, severe slack in the timing chain. “A useless piece of crap” is what he said, and I agreed, having worked 10 yrs in heavy equipment maintenance and repairs, I know by looking at that, that it was garbage.

Anyway, a couple years earlier, I bought a low Mileage import, a 3.4l, from a completely different company, and ended up with a great motor, that was plain to see that it was low mileage, and has ran strong since my mechanic put it in my wife’s car. So, there are good, honest people out there, and then there is Lowmileageparts.com, who sell themselves as honest, and they lurk in the web waitin for guys like me! DONT BE LIKE ME! Avoid these people no matter what!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2018 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/low-mileage-parts/-/low-mileage-parts-also-use-the-title-low-mileage-engines-low-mileage-parts-do-not-buy-f-1451446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content