X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Park West Gallery - Southfield Michigan

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: San Antonio Texas
  • Park West Gallery 29469 Northwestern Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

I took my parents on their 1st cruise for their 55th aniversary. They went to the art auction and bought $17,000 worth of "fine" art, as a future investment to leave in their estate for the grandkids. It was a hard sell, preying on my parents age, physical and mental condition. I canceled within two weeks of arriving home, but "all sales were final." Instead of being 6 - 8 week to receive delivery, it was 10 - 14 weeks. I contacted several art dealers trying to sell the "fine" art to try and get my parents money back, only to be told ,"Please, don't tell me you bought it from Park West at Sea." They had heard the same story many times.

I have contacted a lawyer, but it will take $5,000 o $6,000 for a retainer and could take up to 5 yrs in court. My 80 y/o dad does not want to spend the last years of his life fighting in court. Mr. Smith will take back the art but will charge a 20% re-stocking fee. We would be interested in a class-action case against Park West. How do we start?

Michael
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2006 11:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/park-west-gallery/southfield-michigan-48034/park-west-gallery-rip-off-auction-at-sea-southfield-michiganrip-off-report-investigation-197903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content