X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Pctools - Shannon Other

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Cambridge Ontario
  • Pctools PC Tools Limited Units A&B Block 4,Shannon Business ParkShannon, Co. Clare Ireland Shannon, Other Ireland

Pctools Negative Billing, Unlimited renewal subscription Shannon Ireland

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Since 2004 I have purchased Registry Mechanic, and each year up to 2007, I would be notified (towards the end of the expiry date) that my subscription was up for renewal and each year I would purchase via credit card, a newer version, and receive a new licence key.

2007 I had purchased registry mechanic same proceedure as above, and then was offered a free upgrade to Desktop Maestro (by pctools) which I accepted.

2008 Recently I received notification that Desktop Maestro would be expiring in July 2008 and that my credit card would be automaically debiting my account. ( I have never given Permission to do so)(every year I renewed no automatic payments ever)Emails from wintask/pctools 2004 2005, 2006 no mention of automatic renewal only asking if I wanted to renew.

Firstly there is no opt out in pctools to cancel automatic withdrawls. After going through a lengthy proceedure at pctools web site, I arrive at a dead end.
Did contact them eventually by email at support@pctools etc.. and now have been assured that they will not invoice me or take my money...we will see.

Now the fun starts,
22 June 2008 I recieve an Invoice from Elements 5(they collect monies for and on behalf of pctools)
The invoice is for registry mechanic and have successfully withdrawn from my credit card account. Saying I had ordered registry mechanic and that the product key will follow.

On the invoice it states unlimited renewal subscription.
Firstly I have not purchased/ordered Registry Mechanic 2008/2009 nor did I receive a product key nor the link to a new download.

I have never consented to unlimited renewal subscription which now appears on the invoice for the first time ever.
I have never had an automatic renewal subscription, I pay each year, filling out the necessary purchase form details.

to contact pctools at there 1800 number is out of service, sent numerous emails, and alas I have been credited.

I did have to call long ditsance to Shannon Ireland at my expense and eventually got through to customer service supervisor.

They confirm that I did not agree to automatic unlimited renewal and they are sorry for the inconvience.

The purpose of this letter is not about getting a refund or the likes.
But this letter is about the taking of monies out of peoples credit card accounts with out their prior knowledge or consent.

I have every correspondence since 2004(to the present day) with WinTasks/Pctools which clearly shows ( I had the choice to renew or not.)
What I would like is for RipOffReprot to make its members aware of the negative unlimited billing proceedure.
As a memeber I would surely like to be informed..........

I thank you for the time in reading this letter, and perhaps I will hear from you in the near future, and that we may inform the general public to be alert and aware.

Obviously before you publish anything, I would gladly copy all relevant details for your perusal, so as to confirm my recent experience.

Terry
Cambridge, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2008 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pctools/shannon-other/pctools-negative-billing-unlimited-renewal-subscription-shannon-ireland-343995. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair