Report: #138382

Complaint Review: Premium Advantage - Closter New Jersey

  • Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Amherst Massachusetts
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Premium Advantage 1 CLOSTER COMMONS Closter, New Jersey U.S.A.

Premium Advantage Ripoff - Lied about what they do, took my money and gave me nothing. Closter, New Jersey *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Suggestion: Premium Advantage Let get the people so that other will not become victims

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

Is this
Report about YOU
listed on other sites?
Those sites steal
Ripoff Report's
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
Ripoff Report
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Some early morning in late February, I received a telemarketing call from Premium Advantage offering a credit card with $5000 credit limit. They asked me for my information and my banking information.

They started to offer me all kinds of other services like road side service, long distance service etc. along with it and I told them that I am not interested in any of them. Later during the call they swiftly mentioned that my checking account will be debited 299.95.

They assured me that this 299.95 would go on the balance of my credit card as a credit and was simply for verification purposes and creditability. They asked me to make sure the funds were available by Friday of that week. Ten days later I noticed the debit for 299.95 on my account as well as 19.95 for roadside assistance.

The 299.95 was made using a fake check number as if I wrote them a check and the 19.95 was an ACH transfer with an 800 number. I called the number and asked them where my card was etc. They told me that I was confused and that they do not give out credit cards and that all I was getting was an application for a card and that the 299.95 was a charge for a special welcome package I was supposed to receive.

I demanded a full refund and they said that I need to write a letter and request a refund. I wrote that letter the same day and mailed it but never got a refund. Now the 800 number has been disconnected and I can not contact the company.

I will need to close my account in order for them to stop taking money from it. My bank is going to try and refund my money but they said their hands may be tied. I did a search on the net for this number and found many other people with similar stories. Many of the stories listed at RipOffReport.com one such report is at:

I never received my "welcome package" or any thing else in the mail so I am not sure what my $299.95 paid for but I certainly want it back.

I want my money back and I want to press charges against the company involved. This is clearly fraud and thus illegal in the United States. I am owed $299.95, (2X) $19.95, and $27.50 for having my account overbalance because I was not expecting the continuing $19.95 charge after I demanded the service be cancelled.

Amherst, Massachusetts

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!


Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!


Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.


If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2005 01:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/premium-advantage/closter-new-jersey-07624/premium-advantage-ripoff-lied-about-what-they-do-took-my-money-and-gave-me-nothing-clo-138382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?

Updates & Rebuttals


#1 Consumer Suggestion

Premium Advantage Let get the people so that other will not become victims

AUTHOR: Terence - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Monday, April 11, 2005

You may need to file a consumer rip off report with you State's Attorney General Office, and the New Jersey Attorney General Office. Also contact the Federal Trade Commission. Let get the people so that other will not become victims of their scams.

Respond to this report!
What's this?

Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair
Free speech rights compromised

Segment Now