X  |  CLOSE

• Sixt Rent A Car
    1805 E Sky Harbor Circle South
    Phoenix, Arizona
    United States

Sixt Rent A Car Fraudulent charges for supposed "damages" that were documented after I returned the vehicle. Phoenix Arizona

Beware of this company- fraud alert!  This is the worst rental experience I have ever encountered.  The representative talked me into upgrading to a nicer vehicle, which is fine.  What he did not inform me of, is that it was a hybrid.  He then talked me into prepaying for gas by misleading me that Sixt's gas price was "about $0.03 more per gallon" than the local price when it was actually more like $0.30 more per gallon.  He also did not inform me that, if irregardless of whether I would use a full tank, I would still pay for a full tank.  I assumed the company would pro-rate the fee based on how much gas was actually used.  So, because I did not know the car was a hybrid, I paid $45.00 for a tank of gas while using maybe 1/6 of a tank.

To make matters much worse, when I returned the vehicle, during the final inspection the attendant circled ONE tiny chip (approx 3-4 mm in diameter) in the front windshield.  It was so small that I never even noticed the chip and it did not happen while the car was in my possession. The attendant stated that I may have to pay to repair it.  This set off red flags for me so I decided to make a final walk around with my own pictures to have proof that only one chip was circled and that I left the vehicle in pristine condition.  Sure enough, Sixt later sent me a claims ticket with pictures included that showed FOUR chips on the windows circled, which includes a side window and the rear window.  They want to charge me $103.00 to repair rock chips on the windows.  Chips on a side and rear window?  Sound fraudulent?  It sure does to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2019 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/sixt-rent-a-car/phoenix-arizona-1805-e-sky/sixt-rent-a-car-fraudulent-charges-for-supposed-damages-that-were-documented-after-i-re-1473112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content