X  |  CLOSE

• The Car Lot 6167 E. Speedway Blvd. Tucson, Arizona USA
  • Phone: 520-429-7347
  • Web:
  • Category: Sneakers

The Car Lot Car wrongly repossessed from two older women after paid $2000 down and constant breakdowns Tucson Arizona

*Consumer Comment: $2000 dollars down

We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

After going through hardships the last two years of losing my husband to cancer and now taking care of my 85 yr. old mother with Alzheimer's, I went here to purchase a car to start a new job and rebuild my credit. I put $2000 down (all the money we had saved) on a 2002 PT. Cruiser as I was told by the owner that was the only car he had for me and with payments of $247 a month. I stated that I needed a dependable car to get to work and take my mother to appointments. I was assured that it was a good car.

I had no time to get it checked out due to an emergency with my mother. Two hours after I took it off the lot it overheated. I took it in and had to leave it for several days to have the fan replaced while they drove it for about 50 miles and used my gas. I made my first payment and reported that it was still overheating with overflowing and boiling along with a bad smell. He told me that is normal. Two weeks later it overheated again and when I had it checked at a repair shop they said it needed a thermostat or it was a cracked head. I took it back and relayed this information to owner and again was told that nothing was wrong.

A few days later it broke down on the side of the road in Green Valley while my mother was with me. The owner agreed to pay for the repair (after I found a place and reminded him that it was his fault) and credit me for the hotel bills since I had to use my car payment money to pay to stay there until the car was ready.

The next month passed and then a few days before I was going to make the next payment, the owner called stating my payment for the previous month was late and that he never agreed to credit me. I again stated that I was not responsible for the hotel bills caused by his negligence. He threatened me with repossession if I now did not come up with two payments and when I said I could not and would not do that, he said he didn't want to talk to me any further. I thought he would eventually agree to do what he promised but after two more threatening messages, he had our car repossessed. Now we have no car and no way to take my mother to her doctor or anywhere and he has my $2000!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2016 09:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-car-lot/tucson-arizona-85712/the-car-lot-car-wrongly-repossessed-from-two-older-women-after-paid-2000-down-and-const-1335778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

$2000 dollars down

AUTHOR: c.w.reilly - (USA)

POSTED: Monday, October 31, 2016

Two grand down? How much does a mechanic charge to look at a used vechicle first--- $200? Lesson learned. They owe you no money for hotel. You wasted your own time by not having a 14 year old car checked out first. Sorry, honey, this is all your fault.

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair