Complaint Review: The Right Move - Bronx New York
- The Right Move 711 East 140th Street Bronx, New York U.S.A.
- Phone: 718-742-6098
- Category: Moving Companies
The Right Move movin ripoff theft broke almost everything that wasn't stolen late delivery they pissed on our stuff changed price Bronx New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) After booking the move online and sending in our credit card information for the deposit, we did not get confirmation back from them. We called once times a day for almost two weeks and sent eleven e-mails before we got the confirmation. Several times when we called the voice mail boxes were full and we never got to talk to the same person twice.
2) The people who came to load our truck showed up six hours late.
3) We had specifically asked if the truck that made the pickup would also be the one that made the delivery. We had been told that our belongings would stay on the same truck all the way to Seattle. The people who were loading the truck told us that this was not the case. Our stuff would be unloaded at their warehouse and reloaded into a seperate truck with other another families belongings.
4) We again spent several weeks trying to contact the Right Move to confirm our delivery address. Dozens of phone calls were made and messages left and no one answered and voice mail boxes were full.
5) The delivery date, once confirmed, was changed by them to include anytime within a given week. Then we were told it would be coming the following week. We were told our stuff was definitely in transit. The date for delivery was later changed to the following week. And then again to another week. When it was six weeks late we found out that our goods were still in the warehouse in the Bronx.
6) We eventually received our shipment over seven weeks late.
7) The delivery had been subcontracted to an independent family of movers. The people who showed up to move our entire household of good into our new apartment were a twelve year old boy, his petite mother, and his father who claimed to have back problems.
8) They requested $1800 more than we had originally agreed to pay. We refused to pay. We felt bad for them because it seemed they were also becoming victims of the Right Move. But at the same time they seemed incapable of committing the service we had paid them to do.
9) I ended up doing the brunt of the work while the "movers" took long brakes and went down to the 7-11 for snacks and drinks.
10) We suffered over $1200 in damages to the goods that we received. All the boxes we got were either wet, open, punctured, sat on, kicked in, or emptied then repacked. One box specifically smelt of urine.
11) We had $3000 worth of items missing from the shipment. Including 2 computers, a tv, a dvd/vcr player, a stereo, a mountain bike, a floor lamp, and another box of misc. electronics. All the items were clearly visible of what they were from the outside of the box. The indepentdent family of movers claimed to have never gotten the items from the warehouse in the Bronx.
12) After spending several more days trying to reach the Right Move we were told to file a claims form and await a settlement offer. The offer we received was for $187 for $4200 worth of missing and damaged items.
That was the last we heard of them. We contacted our insurance company and they offered us around $3500 to replace the stuff that had been stolen. Apparently the insurance company may have put some pressure on the Right Move and got some money out of them but we don't really know.
What angers us most is how nice we were to the original movers. We bought then drinks, pizza, gave them a ride to the gas station to buy a map, and tipped them each $200.
Under no circumstances should anyone use this moving company. They are thieves with no backbones.
Click here to read other Rip Off Report list of other Moving Companies
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on National Moving Network and other various transport companies ripping off the consumer
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2006 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/the-right-move/bronx-new-york-10454/the-right-move-movin-ripoff-theft-broke-almost-everything-that-wasnt-stolen-late-delivery-198786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.