X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Truckaddons.com - Lexington Kentucky

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: mesa Arizona
  • Author Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • Truckaddons.com 1098 East New Circle Road Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.

Truckaddons.com ripoff. Shipping mistake dishonest refusal to make right. Lexington Kentucky

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

In June of 1999, I ordered accessories from truckaddons.com (a division of trailblazers), which included: a manick grill brush guard ($750.00), matching tail light brush guards ($195.00), and blackout healdight covers ($65.00).

I made sure the salesperson was aware of what year and model truck I was ordering these parts for (1988 Dodge Ramcharger) because I was having trouble finding parts for it. The salesperson assured me that he knew what vehicle I had and that they did carry the parts I was looking for.

The shipping fees were added and my card was charged. I was told I would receive the parts in 2-3 weeks.

After two months, I started contacting the company and was told that they no longer carry the tail light brush guards, but that the fee I was charged for them and their shipping would be needed to pay for the shipping of the grill brush guard, since it had ot be trucked due to size. I was also promised that they would pay any additional fees if any were incurred.

After another month, the guard finally arrived while I was at work and the trucking company (yellow truck) charged a family member shipping, claiming that truckaddons.com did not pay the fee (another 195.00).

I shortly found out that the part was not for my truck, but for a compact SUV (a Montero) and would not fit my truck.

I contacted truckaddons.com and they refused to correct the situation until I contacted BBB, FTC, and the KY attourney general, then, they contacted me and told me they would refund me the base cost of the guard if I returned it to them.

I explained that I had already spent over $300.00 for shipping fees, and by the time I retuned it, I would have spent the amount of money that would have bought me two and they told me, "tough, that's the deal".

FTC, BBB, and the AG were of no help because they found this an acceptable deal.

I feel that as a consumer, I should not have to pay for the mistake of a company, and feel that I have been ripped off!

Dave
mesa, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2003 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/truckaddonscom/lexington-kentucky-40505/truckaddonscom-ripoff-shipping-mistake-dishonest-refusal-to-make-right-lexington-kentuc-69054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair