Complaint Review: Vivint - Nationwide

• Reported By: TamiT — Cypress Texas USA
  • Vivint

Nationwide
    USA

Vivint, Vivint security Worst lying, cheating company i have ever done business with! Provo, UT Nationwide

Started wth Vivint after they came to my house one evening.  Nice enough.  First clue should have been them installing immediately.

Problem after problem with equipment.  Mostly because they had to use boosters to get signal throughout my home.  Finally got it working after 2 months.

Tried to cancel after week 3 and was told we could only cancell within 3 days of install.

Told the crappy panels by doors would be upgraded in 3 weeks and they would come replace. Never happened afer repeated calls, I gave up.   These panels do not tell you if alarm is going off, or the area in which the alarm is going off.  They are useless except for arming or disarming.

Now my sensors are not working.  Sent out a really nice guy to fix this, but he cannot put a in frame sensor in my front door because it is a double door.  There is not enough room to drill for the sensor.  The only other option is two large white boxes.  One on each side of the door frame (Middle of the double doors)

I told them that would look hideous and I wouldn't let him put in my home.

We called company together (second time).  The loyalty guy told the installer to put in a glass break or motioon detector and forget putting a sensor on the door.  Problem is 1.  Glass break will not sound if door is opened and 2. Motion detector is no good on with people in the home. (ie: at night)  So neither is a good option.  The installer explained this to the guy and he told the installer, "They cannot cancel a contract because one piece of equiptment is not working."

When I asked for a refund for the month because several sensors were not working, I was told I would get a partial refund only for the sensors not working.  What BS is that!  I guess we just throw the dice and hope they try to break in through the doors/windows that the sensors actually work?

Sick of this company and all the crap.  Finding a lawyer and taking them for some of the $2 Billion they are apperantly worth!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2017 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/vivint/nationwide/vivint-vivint-security-worst-lying-cheating-company-i-have-ever-done-business-with-pro-1358104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content