Complaint Review: Haband

• Reported By: Mindful Melissa — Orlando Florida United States of America
Haband

Haband, Haband VIP Plus Scamming and Targeting Senior Citizens, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: VIP Plus Membership

My mother lives in an assisted living facility in Nebraska.  Last September, 2012, one of the residents shared with my mother, a Haband catalog for clothing and accessories that appeal to senior citizens.  My mother, like most senior citizen residents do not easily get our around and like to shop mail order or internet.

I ordered a blouse my mother described she liked at haband.com.  My husband recently asked me why Haband was debiting our account $14.95 a month for the past four months!  I contacted Haband and asked them why they charged my account $1.99, and then four consecutive months a $14.95 fee for a blouse that I paid for and was charged $19.00?  They explained that I enrolled into their VIP program. I explained that I did not enroll in such a program, but asked what exactly does the VIP program entail.

The Haband representative said that the VIP program entails members to receive 10% discount on certain orders and on their "partners" websites.  So basically they charge innocent people $180 a year to get a 10% discount on items less than $20.  Wow a $2.00 savings on a standard order.

It is clear they have picked their target audience.  Most of the residents in senior care or assisted living do not balance or manage their accounts.  Adult parents or friends managing their accounts probably don't notice or want to hassle or haggle a $15.00 charge.

This is the lowest of all crimes to target our most vulnerable citizens!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Haband/internet/Haband-Haband-VIP-Plus-Scamming-and-Targeting-Senior-Citizens-Internet-1011847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Haband

VIP Plus Membership

AUTHOR: FreeshippingSupervisor - (United States of America)

Hello,

We are sorry for any inconvenience our program has caused and would love to resolve any outstanding issues you may have. Please contact us directly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-814-9222 or you may email a supervisor directly at cs@vipmemberservices.com and we would be happy to assist you.

Thank you and have a great day!

Jessica