Complaint Review: OmniTech Support | Ripoff Report Verified Safe™ ..businesses you can trust. Commitment to customer satisfaction. Seamless protection with state of the art technology – that's what Omni Tech promises customers. Helped over 50,000 individual clients with technical support issues each year.

• Submitted: Wed, November 16, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, November 23, 2011

• Reported By: Kevin — West Warwick United States of America
Omni Tech Support

OmniTech Support REVIEW: Omni Tech customer satisfaction commitment. OmniTech Support has implemented a new level of support to ensure that all customers receive the highest level of support possible. Incorporating a new level of support headquartered in Los Angeles, providing quality control so clients are always satisfied. Los Angeles , Californa
*UPDATE: Recognized by Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program as a safe business service – Omni Tech Support pledges to always resolve any issues, feel safe, confident & secure when doing business with Omni Tech Support. Ripoff Report Verified™

Ripoff Report Verified™ REVIEW:

EDitor’s UPDATE: Positive rating and recognition has been given to OmniTech Support for its commitment to excellence in customer service.

Ripoff Report’s discussions with Omni Tech Support have uncovered an ongoing commitment by the company to total client satisfaction. Omni Tech Support has worked hard to improve customer service to ensure that all clients will be satisfied with their online tech support plans and join the hundreds of thousands of customers that are satisfied with Omni Tech Support’s service. This means that clients can expect that the company will work towards finding a mutually satisfactory resolution to any complaints or concerns. Omni Tech Support listens carefully to client concerns and sees them as an opportunity to learn from past mistakes and become more efficient as a company in the services offered and the support for those services.
Armstrong Steel is Rip-off Report Verified
Ripoff Report Verified™ .. part of Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business..

The information provided in this report is based on comments made by Mark Haverman, Shiymy Bayer, and Dominque Porche-Goode during an on-site inspection held by a third party verification company with no biases toward Customer Focus Services.

Customer Focus Service’s (CFS) target market is anyone with a computer that is trying to use it primarily for work purposes that are having problems or issues needing to be resolved which stops them from being able to accomplish tasks. The company has been providing technical support for large corporations and companies. They feel they are very skilled at solving large issues as they have been in business for over 12 years. CFS states they have resolved close to half a million issues which provides their strong expertise and development of a deep knowledge base of issues that can be resolve over that period of time.

The typical experience that a customer may experience when working with CFS starts when the client calls in about a technical problem. The client will then explain the issue and CFS will describe how to fix the problem and how much it will cost. The company then sends the client an agreement of this term which is to be signed and sent back. From there, the company works with customers to fix problems. If for some reason CFS cannot fix the problem they will refund the customer’s money and tell them where the next best place to get the item fixed.

Most of the company’s advisement in products and services is handled in the sales department. They are trained to see symptoms and know what can be done to fix issues but are not trained to do them in that department. The sales department knows general things like if X is happening then Y would usually be the answer and they’ll recommend that. CFS has all the reps ask them if everything has been resolved during the course of working with the client. They take notes during the conversation and have the reps go through each point to ask them if there is anything else they can do. The company recently started sending out a survey to everyone after they have spoken with them. It is about 10-12 question survey asking all different aspects of their experience such as: How quickly was the issue resolved? Was the issue resolved to your satisfaction? How knowledgeable was the rep you spoke to? How would you rate them? Do you have any comments? The company states they are constantly asking the customer for feedback, what their thoughts are and what they want them to do. They ask the customer what they want and if it is in reason the company tries to accommodate the request.

STATED IMPROVEMENTS FROM OMNITECH SUPPORT.

Omni Tech Support has taken step to improve our customer service by hiring a team of expert customer service personal that work right here, with the CEO, in the corporate office. This enables us to see directly into what issues customers are bringing to our attention and we can roll out the necessary improvements and changes with moments notice, as the heads of the team work in the same office as the management.

In working with customers to make sure they understand their purchases, the company feels they have developed a pretty solid system. When the customer signs up, CFS sends them the terms of service and anything relevant to what they offer. Additionally, the company sends them an ecosign summarizing what they are paying for (the price, what is included, etc.) and the customer has to sign and send it back. After that is completed, the company will then work on their computer. The customer has to acknowledge they know what the company is doing and they agree with the charges.

Customer Focus Services wants to be able to cut the time it takes to resolve an issue. Mark Haverman stated, “Many times a customer’s computer is slow or there are issues with the computer speed or the Internet speed and we are constantly looking for ways to decrease the amount of time it takes to diagnose the issue and to resolve the issue. To that effect we are increasing our knowledge base to make sure that the agent tech support has the most current information about that issue and the fastest way to fix that. There’s still improvement to be made when our tech support is having trouble so instead of having a technician to sit there and try to work it out their self, we escalate it to a higher level much quicker. We’re investing in automated tools that will help fix the issues. There are a number of initiatives that we are in the process of that will reduce the amount of time it will take to resolve the issue. That is probably our number one thing that we need to do as an organization in order to provide a better level of service to our customers.”

The company states when resolving complaints it is taking too long to fix an issue. To remedy this, CFS basically focuses on the issue, is thorough and acts as quick as possible. They feel they actually have a knowledge base that lends to anytime anything is ever happened in any computer and was resolved successfully its added to their knowledge base. When a customer contacts the company they can discover what the problem is so that the lower tier technicians will look through the knowledge base and see what works to try first. The company is working to speed up their processes.

Dominque Porche-Goode recalled an instance of working with a customer stating. “We had somebody from Canada who we connected his computer but his computer was painfully slow so we couldn’t run scans. We had him send his computer to us and we paid for his shipping. We tried to fix his computer here but it was so badly infected so we bought him a new laptop. He wasn’t satisfied in the beginning because it was taking too long and the techs were telling him his computer wasn’t working fast enough to have it scanned.”

Since the company has received complaints through Ripoff Report, they have started sending out surveys. Additionally, they have been following up with customers closer to when they have been escalated. The company also notes they have been taking a lot of inbound calls in their corporate office. If a customer calls the main line and it is not resolved right away they will take it in the corporate office. The difference between their office and the other office is that they can do whatever we need to in their corporate office.

Customer Focus Services feels the Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program commits to certain standards of how to deal with customers by making sure that important issues are dealt with appropriately. The company states they resolve the issues for customers or we provide them with a refund and have a number of different 24/7 customer service and support reps if they have an issue we get it resolved quickly. Mark Haverman stated “The CAP program is our commitment to following Ripoff Report’s guidelines of providing our customers a quality experience.”

Within the company’s upper management they state that they want every customer satisfied. Mark Havermen mentions, “Sometimes we cannot resolve the issue and the customer still has an issue that is beyond our capability. In that case we issue a full refund but there can be a situation where the customer still has a problem and we can’t help them. We refer them out to an offsite technician or the manufacturer and tell them we try to do whatever we can do to make the customer satisfied whether it is a full refund or a gift certificate. There have been times where we paid for the shipping for them to send the computer to our office to fix. We try to do whatever we can do to satisfy the customer within our abilities. We have learned the speed of resolution is really important and having 24/7 customer service is important. We definitely have learned things from the feedback we are getting and we have definitely built a better business from it.”

Omni Tech Support / Statements from the owner.

Omni Tech Support has grown exponentially in the past few years to become one of the leading online tech support companies available. We have also doubled and trippled our efforts to be the best provider of 3rd party support for Microsoft products, and offer ongoing training and tips to both our staff and clients alike to ensure that the highest level of support is always available. Omni Tech Support is committed to cutting edge technology; by hiring an executive R&D department that tests the latest and greatest in tech support, we ensure that everything we do is cutting edge and will help our clients to the best of our ability.

Omni Tech Support's service team have expressed that they feel very confident doing their job. The project manager at Omni stated "The research and development team is absolutely amazing. We can login in the morning to the ever growing K-Base and find hundreds of updated articles, service materials and references that we didn’t see the previous day. With support at the level, it is understandable why we are referred to as experts.”

"Satisfying a customer’s expectations to our best ability is the best sign of growing success". Some of the other things Ripoff Report learned in the course of its investigation: typical customer feedback reads: “Omni Tech Support truly communicate all aspects of the job in a timely and effective manner. We are very pleased with the responsiveness that he and his employees show us. They are serious about meeting commitments, and deliver on all their promises."

In summary, after our investigation, which included discussions with the CEO of Omni Tech Support, and many of his past and current associates, Ripoff Report is convinced that Omni Tech Support is committed to quality delivery of services resulting in total client satisfaction.

Read more about why consumers should feel confident when doing business with a member of Rip-off Report's Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. Yes, it’s a long name for a program that does a lot for both consumers and businesses alike.

Read about Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program,.. A program that benefits the consumer, assures them of complete satisfaction and confidence when doing business with a member business. this program works.

As a matter of policy, when a business becomes a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program they agree to allow Ripoff Report to contact every client who filed a complaint so they can make things right with them. In order to confirm that the complaints were resolved, Ripoff Report is copied on all responses so we can insure that the member business did right by their customer .. OmniTech Support technical staff did just that with no problem.

NOW TO THE ORIGINAL REPORT THAT WAS FILED

---------------------------------------

Omni Tech Support Omni tech support Internet

Well where to begin..I called their number for assistance with Microsoft Office installation.  They gave me a website to go to, I had to accept a couple things allowing chat and remote access to my computer.

The "technician" once connected, and without looking at anything said there was a problem with my "keys".  I didn't understand him at first, then realized he must be talking about my registry.  He stated it would be 49.99 for 45min of work.  He then opened up a payment window for me to enter credit card info.  I entered my info then had second thoughts, some red flags went up so to speak seeing as I doubted anything wrong with my registry and the fact he didn't look at anything.  When I hesitated he took it upon himself to take control of the mouse and click submit for me!

When I watched him "fixing" my problem, all he did was go into the registry and pretend to do something by opening and closing settings.  The rest of the time was spent opening and closing windows I had open, and randomly highlighting icons on my desktop!  The only thing he did was redownload the software, and granted it does work now.

From that what I am upset about is I was thinking of doing that myself, which is one reason why I hesitated.  But the technician took it upon himself to click submit payment and lie about the problem.

So I sought a refund from them the same day 11/9.  I was told it was being sent to their billing department for a refund.  I call back today and they say they have no record of it.  I send them the payment confirmation I received, which was for "Prodigy Infotech".  They state it is not them.  Which I guess I can believe.  Which begs the question what website did the technician open up?  Was it his own personal PayPal account?  They are telling me that I disconnected after I was told the price, according to the technician I guess. (tech #8).  And that I called back the wrong number.  I never got disconnected, and I even checked my phone records for the hell of it, I never called any other number except personal numbers that day.

Do a Google search and see if you can even find a number for such a company that I supposedly accidently called.  http://prodigyinfotech.com/ it doesn't even provide a phone number yet I somehow accidently called it?  Without ever being disconnected?   The technician pulled a scam on me and they are now trying to defend him, plain and simple.  Oh and the time the payment was made matches the time he was connected to my computer.

Do yourself a favor and never do business with them.  Call a friend/family member who is computer literate or take your computer to a local repair shop.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2011 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Omni-Tech-Support/internet/Omni-Tech-Support-Omni-tech-support-Internet-798676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Omni Tech Support

Resolved.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (United States of America)

The issue has been resolved satisfactorily.

Trying to defend themselves.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (United States of America)

They sure are trying to defend themselves. So I will make my key points again. I never got disconnected from their technician, I never called any other number. I have phone records to prove that. Their technician opened up that payment window on my desktop.

Oh but wait, I supposedly got disconnected and called back some other company that doesn't exist? That doesn't even provide a phone number? And I have no phone record of? You are basically trying to tell me I am stupid, which offends me more.

I will ask again, what was their technician up to? Was it his personal PayPal account he opened? Some side project of his? He was speaking to me through Notepad, not even the chat window they provided. He didn't want any record of what was being said. When I tried to save the Notepad chat he hurriedly closed the window.

You pissed off the wrong person. I will be reposting this on every website I can find, and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I will make it my mission to see that you lose more business than the $49.99 I was charged is worth.

Mr. Kevin Croll called us on November 09, 2011 to resolve an issue: Installing MS Office. Accordingly, we assisted him to connect to our technician. Our technician began the chat session and after Mr. Croll downloaded and logged in to an applet he allowed us to have remote access control over his computer, so we could address his problem. However, while chatting with our technician, the customer stopped responding and then our technician closed the  abandoned chat session.

On the same day Mr. Kevin Croll called us and informed that the technician himself had clicked on the submit button for payment after getting all the credit card details from him. In addition to that, he told it is not the way to take the payment without customer's permission and asked for refund
of $49.99.

Then, we checked with our ONLY payment gateways, USAePAY and PayPal and they verified that there is no record for his transaction of $49.99. We have not received any payment from this person.  We never charged this customer and we had no access to his credit card details.

We NEVER see that information, as our customers make a payment on USAePay or PayPal and those payment gateways then confirm to us whether a payment has been made and for how much.

On November 15, 2011 Mr. Kevin Croll called us and inquired about a refund status. We informed him that we had never received any payment from him. This person told us that he has a confirmation that $49.99 was charged. We requested Mr. Kevin Croll to send us his transaction details.

On November 16, 2011 Mr. Kevin Croll sent us an email with the transaction details of $49.99. We checked the transaction details and Its CLEARLY mentioned in the receipt that he paid for another organization Prodigy Infotech .... NOT to Omnitech Support!

Below is the mail from Mr. Kevin Croll:

Subject: Your payment to Prodigy Infotech
Nov 9, 2011 16:23:52 PST
Receipt No: 2086-2531-4564-8455

Hello Kevin Croll,

You sent a payment of $49.99 USD to Prodigy Infotech. This charge will appear on your credit card statement as
payment to PAYPAL *PRODIGY.

Merchant information

Microsoft Solutions - OneTime Fix
$49.99 USD 1 $49.99 USD

Total: $49.99 USD

Receipt No: 2086-2531-4564-8455 Please keep this receipt
number for future reference. You'll need it if you contact customer service at
Prodigy Infotech or PayPal.

Use PayPal next time!
It's the safer, easier way to pay. No need to type your
information. Your personal and financial information is securely stored and
never shared with merchants when you pay.

Questions? Visit the Help Center at: www.paypal.com/help.
Thanks for using PayPal the safer, easier way to pay
and get paid online.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not
monitored and you will not receive a response. PayPal Email ID PP1469

Then, we called him to inform him that he made a payment to a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANY (!), Prodigy Infotech not to us. However, we reached his voice mail. Later, on the same day Mr. Kevin Croll called us and then we informed him about his payment and also requested to contact Prodigy Infotech. In an addition, we took the time to give him the email id (sales@prodigyinfotech.com) of the Prodigy Infotech.

This gentleman has accidently complained about the wrong company. He meant to complain about the Prodigy Infotech Company, but inadvertently complained about OmniTech Support. We, at OmniTech Support, are in no way related or affiliated with the Prodigy Infotech Company.

From this above complaint, its understandable that he is confused, as he contacted two different companies. As always, we are here to assist people who need our Microsoft certified technicians help regarding their any software related-issues at a low and economical cost. We are
performing our duties in professional manner with pride to help our customers at any time.

NOTE: This person might have contacted the company Prodigy Infotech in first instance after random search on Google for technical assistance to resolve his MS Office issue. Then, Prodigy Infotech technician might have processed the payment of $49.99 by self and then the chat got disconnected.

On second instance, this person again tried searching for the initial company, but selected Omnitech Support. Then our technician initiated a chat session and accessed his computer. While chatting with our technician, this person stopped responding and then our technician closed the chat session.

Next he called us and asked for refund.

We ask that this misdirected complaint be quickly removed.