• Report: #220652
Complaint Review:

Pepboys Auto

  • Submitted: Tue, November 14, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, November 15, 2006

  • Reported By:Sunbury North Carolina
Pepboys Auto
121 College Square Newark, Delaware U.S.A.

Pepboys Auto RIPPED OFF AND STRANDED They were suppose to be fixing my car instead they made it worse, Newark Delaware

*Author of original report: STILLLLLLLLL STRANDED

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

I am a 33 yr. old female from NC. I own a 2003 Ford Focus. I was going to Delaware to visit a friend, and on the way i was hearing a growling noise in the rear end of my car.

The closer I got to Delaware it was getting louder and louder,so when I got there, my friend that I was going to visit, her father use to be a mechanic.

So he drove my car to see if he knew what it was, and he told me it sounded like a rear wheel bearing. So the next morning I went to PepBoys.They drove it and put it up on the rack and spun the wheels a few times and told me it was a rear wheel bearing and also there was one on the front that was bad.

They gave me an estimate of $342.00 to fix it. So I told them to go ahead.They started on my car around 9 am and the guy told me my car would be ready at around 1pm. So I got my friend to come and get me.I called them at 1 to see if my car was ready.

they said no.So i waited until 3 and called them back and they said it still wasnt ready.I called them back again 5:30 and they infromed me my car was ready but the ABS(Anti Lock Brake System)light was on and they were tryin to figure out what the problem was.They infromed me at that time that they would call me when it was ready to be picked up. So i waited until 7pm and I called them back and they informed me at that time that I could come and and get my car, so I then asked the him if they had fixed the light issue and he told me no, that he didnt know why it was coming on.

So i told him at that time that the light wasn't one when I took it to them and they needed to fix the problem before I took my car away from there. After I got off the phone with him my friends Dad and I went to PepBoys because he wanted to ask them some questions about the car. So when we got there he was talking to the asst. manager of the service dept. and was asking him a few questions concerning the problem and the guy told him he had no idea why the light was on and he nor the techs could figure it out.

From that point on the friend knew something was fishy.The manager told him a master tech was gonna look at it and try to fix it.It was about 7:30 at this point.I told my friend that he could go ahead home and I would wait there for them to fix.At about 8:45 my cell phone rings and it was my friend telling me he had went home and done some research on the problem with the light and told me a few things to write down so i could tell them.I went to them and told them what he had said and they informed me at that time that, that was the whole problem.

Come to find out they had put the bearing in backwards and it was lining up with the sensor so thats what was making the light come on in the car.The tech at that time pressed the bearing back out and flipped it around and pressed it back in.

Then he drove it to make sure the light was out.By the time I left there it was 9:15pm and my car was suppose to be fixed by 1pm.I was suppose to be leaving to go home the following morning and the more I thought about it I said I better not drive my car that far until I can drive it around for a day, knowing they put my part in backwards.

So the next day came, and I got in my car, and was coming up on a stoplight and started slowing down and low and behold I hear a clicking noise coming from my right front tire.....the one they had worked on.So i immediately got on the phone and called them back and the service man i talked to informed that they couldnt do it today but they might be able to look at it tommorrow.

I called the service manager Brandon to try and resolve this issue and he became very irrate and was screaming in my ear and said some nasty things and hung up in my ear.The whole point was they were gonna let me drive my car away from there with all these issues regardless of the circumstances.

I will take my car to a different Pepboys tommorrow with hopes that it will be fixed the proper way, so I can get back home and get back to work. I will never go there again after this, and take my advice if you dont wanna go through this you wont either.

Sunbury, North Carolina

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on PepBoys

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2006 08:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/pepboys-auto/newark-delaware-19711/pepboys-auto-ripped-off-and-stranded-they-were-suppose-to-be-fixing-my-car-instead-they-ma-220652. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Pepboys Auto

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 1Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Author of original report


AUTHOR: Lynn - (U.S.A.)

Well I took my car back to the same Pepboys cause I was advised to go there and talk to store manager Shelia. I went in and talked with her and she understood me and that all I wanted was my car fixed right so I could get home.So she went and talked to and asst. dept. manager and told him I needed my car fixed today so I could get home and he said he would get right on that.I then told him I didnt expect to be charged for whatever they do and he told told me that I wouldnt be charged.

So the tech. drove my car and came in and said to me that i would have to drive it and he ride with me because he didnt hear the noise so i said sure.I drove the car around the parking lot and immediately heard the noise coming from the right tire.We pulled back around to the shop doors where we were still sitting in the car and he looked at me and said well if u drive it a couple days it might stop and I said you have got to be kidding right.I then told he he wasnt doin it before they worked on it an dI wanted it fixed today.

Then he precedes to tell me well the only thing is, is that I dont get paid for looking at your car and fixin it and I said dont give a s**t thats not my fault....I said someone got paid for it cause someone in here got $342.00 of my money and I refuse to pay another dime to them.So he said well I'll take the rotor off and put it back on and see if it goes away then.

So I stood where I could see what he was doin to my car cause I dont trust them no further than I can throw them. I saw him take the brakes off and come over with a cup of grease and grease then he put the brakes back on and the tire and came to me and gave me the keys and said take it for a drive and see if you hear it now, so I did, right outta there. I dont hear that particular noise anymore but now I hear a different noise.....but I be damned if I will take it back there.I am gonna chance it home in the morning and PRAY TO THE LORD that I make it there.

When I get home I will get someone I trust to look over what they did.I called the coporate office but havent heard from them yet.By far is this over yet, right now I am just concerned about getting home safely, then I will get to the very bottom of this and take it to the next level. I just wanted to post this letter and what happened to me hoping that people will read it so they will not have to go through what I went through with these people.
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?