Complaint Review: America Star Books - Frederick Maryland

P.O. Box 151
    Frederick, Maryland
    USA

America Star Books Publish America Copyright Infringement Frederick Maryland

My contract with Publish America ended in January of 2014. I had email confirmation that my contract was terminated, the rights to my book were reverted back to me, and that the title would no longer be offered for sale in the company's webstore (I have all communications confirming this saved on file.) Fast forward two years, after I have re-released the title... and I find that the first edition is now for sale in America Star Books' webstore, despite never having signed a contract with the company under that name and having confirmation that my contract with PA had ended. This is copyright infringement, plain and simple. They do not have the rights to print or sell my work, yet there they are, doing exactly that. I have sent them a cease and desist notice with threats of taking legal action if they don't remove my title immediately, but the fact that they had the gall to do this is infuriating. This scam company needs to be stopped, once and for all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2016 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-star-books/frederick-maryland-21705/america-star-books-publish-america-copyright-infringement-frederick-maryland-1284587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content