Complaint Review: America Star Books - frederick Maryland

• Reported By: Bright32 — Bedford Pennsylvania USA
  • America Star Books

frederick, Maryland
    USA

America Star Books formerly Publish America Will not return my rights frederick Maryland

As a naive new author I signed a contract with Publish America in 2008. It took me only a year to realize they did not fulfill the promises in their contract. With much going on in my life, I did not request a contract termination until 2011. At that time they refused to terminate my contract without a ransom (purchasing 50 books) which they said were their unsold copies (they are a print on demand company so a lie) or an extortion fee of $299.

I refused to either and told them quite plainly to keep the book until the contract expired in 2015. I do not want it renewed and cannot wait until it is done.

Their contract states that they can automatically renew said contract unless you notify them AT LEAST (key words) three months in advance. When I again notifed them, I was told the same, they had renewed me in January. I told them that the notification they received three years ago more than met their required at least 3 months in advance and STILL they refuse to terminate the illegally renewed contract.

I just want my rights back and that is all. I already waited out the initial 7 years and did give them 3 years notice, which they are saying do not count.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2015 01:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/america-star-books/frederick-maryland/america-star-books-formerly-publish-america-will-not-return-my-rights-frederick-maryland-1239074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content