Complaint Review: American Car Center - Orlando Florida

• American Car Center
    3920 w colonial dr
    Orlando, Florida
    United States

American Car Center in Orlando, Florida I am so sorry I did not read any reviews for this company before I went there to get a car. They advertise in Facebook, so I got there, long story short. They never told me if I get behind one day, they would disable my car...yes, one day. I read the entire freaking lease agreement and I cannot find where is stated if I get behind one day, they would stop me from using my car. Most companies allow you 1-3 months...but one day??? geeee These guys want your money, and they will be extremely rude over the phone, so you cant pay and they can take the car back. Unfortunately, I committed the mistake of not checking and reviewing and asking all the freaking questions. DO NOT BUY YOUR CAR WITH THESE PEOPLE.Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: You're actually lucky

*Consumer Comment: Let's See Here

*Consumer Comment: The facts

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff??

Never told me my car would be disable (gps system to turn off your car) if I would get behind ONE day.

I read the entire lease contract and found no word about this especific ONE day payment thing. And yes, they disabled my car right away.

Why would you finance with this people if you are not allowed one day behind. I am unemployed right now, so I will have to allow them to get the car and shove it by their arse.

Bunch of liars that will distract you and make you think they are the regular dealer(liars too but better than this scum) but at the end they will bite like a freaking snake.

DO NOT BUY A CAR IN THERE UNLESS YOU HAVE CASH AVAILABLE EVERY 15 DAYS)

They DO NOT accept bank accounts, just debit cards and money orders.

BEWARE!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2018 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/american-car-center/orlando-florida-39808/american-car-center-in-orlando-florida-i-am-so-sorry-i-did-not-read-any-reviews-for-this-1456016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
4Consumer
0Employee/Owner

You're actually lucky

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States)

You're a lot better off with a lender who merely disables your vehicle when you're late as opposed to others who would immediately send out a repo tower to take the vehicle back. Subprime lenders usually have no grace periods. Those are reserved for normal borrowers who at least have a decent credit track record. Subprimes act immediately the second the clock passes 5PM on a due date. And yeah, when you have payments due every 15 days for something, surprise, yes, you're expected to have that payment in then and there.

Sorry you're not in a good place economically right now. Not making light of being hard up. Been unemployeed at times too and it's scary.

But you can't be making purchases above your means, employed or otherwise. It doesn't work. And you only dig a bigger hole with every default, because employers are less likely to higher someone who can't manage payments.

Let's See Here

AUTHOR: Perry Mason - (United States)

Of course, you could have gone to a better dealership and obtained bank financing with a lower APR. Why not? Oh, I see. You destroyed your credit before this purchase by not paying your bills on time and as such, the bank's wouldn't touch you, right? You come to this subprime dealership and what happens? You fail to make payments on time to them. Isn't THAT a surprise. What is your concern? What will they do when you pay late which tells everybody reading this paying late is habitual for you! If you don't want the collection process started then pay your bills on time instead of being a serial deadbeat! Let me save you some effort...don't bother writing back saying something stupid like, "you must work for them". I'll save you the effort. I don't!!!

The facts

AUTHOR: Robert - (United States)

You are with a Sub-Prime dealer/lender. You are not with them because you have a perfect credit history, you are with them because you have failed to prove you can handle credit. The fact that you seem to think that you should be allowed to be anywhere from 1-3 months late before they disable your car further proves this.

As for only accepting debit cards or money orders, those provide less chance of bouncing by you trying to "float" the check. For a Debit Card if you don't have the money in your account at the moment they try to run the card it is declined, a bounced check could cause additional fees and issues. So if you have the money in the account whether or not it is a debit card or check does not matter. If you are trying to play some "fancy financing" with a check...then you have just proven why they are being very smart in not accepting the check.

Now, with that said.  I will give you one small bit of hope.  Most states require a dealer to disclose if they are putting a GPS device on the car, and should list the purpose of the device.  If they did not disclose this to you and it is required where you are, you may have a valid complaint.  But I have a feeling that you were well aware of the GPS device, and that it could disable your car if you were "late".  You just didn't think late means one day.

Ripoff??

AUTHOR: Deb - (United States)

Where's the rip off here??  Late is late... did you really think it would be in the paperwork that it would take being 1-3 MONTHS of late before disabling the car??  Pay your bills.