Complaint Review: Bank of America - Madison heights Michigan

United States
  • Phone: 8772406886
  • Web:
  • Category: Banking

I have payroll and SSI deposited into my account. Well when you make a purchase online it goes as credit. Well the purchase was for 350$. I live in a hotel. So it was taken out of my account at one point. Well the following week when I was paid I paid another $350. The first one apparently bounced back to my account. Then a couple days later another $350 was taken out of my account. This now made my account negative. So I decided to take a 400$ loan from a lending a source, so I wouldn't stay in the negative and get hit by BOA overdraft fees. After doing this. They closed my account. They say they don't have to have a reason. Well. They are still sending me emails stating my cash back deals are almost expired. I had direct deposit of 154$ in my account on November 1st. I found out it was closed when I went to buy a coffee. I called them and they are now telling me, my account will not be final closed until December 10, 2018?! So, I have to wait a month for my money?! Weird. It's no wonder that they had a class action lawsuit. They are criminals in plain sight.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/02/2018 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-america/madison-heights-michigan-48071/bank-of-america-account-closure-madison-heights-michigan-1466441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It was a nightmare from the beginning

AUTHOR: Margaret - (United States)

First of all dog, when I first opened my account and had payroll deposited. They held all of my checks from th same company for days. Saying they had to make sure that they were legit. Ok. I understand the first one, but when my employer's bank Comerica already has the monies taken out and sent them the proof of the funds transferred to BOA, and they still state that the monies weren't there yet? This last incident isn't surprising to me. Yes I signed a document to open an account with BOA. It's sad that if I were to close the account I'd have to give them 7 days notice, but they can do it whenever they want. For whatever reason. And just because YOU weren't paying attention, there is nothing stating I cannot take a small loan from another source. I have a 24hour grace period to correct it. Which I did. It was an honest mistake. But apparently BOA and their associates have never done this in life. But don't worry I've found alot of people with similar stories. They weren't in the negative at all. And their accounts were closed as well.

Criminal's? Ha ha!

AUTHOR: The Dog - (United States)

You are bouncing debits and they are criminals, right? If you were to READ the paperwork YOU received when YOU opened YOUR account, YOU would have seen they can cancel YOUR account at any time, for any reason!

Unclear

AUTHOR: Chaiya - (United States)

Your report doesn't give much detail on certain things.

1) At what date of a month is your check/money from SSI being deposit into the bank?

2) At what date of the month that the money is taken out?

The reason I asked these questions because it seems that you had bounced payment. Even though banks must make fund available when a check is deposited, the money may not be there. If you make a payment, at the time the fund is not fully validated, the payment may not go through. Just a thought.