X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: Bank Of America - Santa Maria California

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Spearfish South Dakota
  • Bank Of America 2060 S. Broadway Street Santa Maria, California U.S.A.

Bank Of America Rip off, lies, fees Santa Maria California

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a ripoff.

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I have a few complaints here so lets get started with the first.

Back in February I had a 950 dollar ACH go through my account to pay off capitol one. Now Capitol One put the ACH through 2 days early and 2 days before I got paid!

I emailed and called BOA because this put me very negative in my account, and they told me not to worry, it looks like it posted but it is marked for return and my account would be back on the positive side. Well that was the first lie, they did indeed post the ACH and I incurred 12 overdraft fees. They did it out of order so they could get the most money out of me, instead of clearing my previous transactions that occured up to 3 days prior, they cleared the $950.00 first, so they could get the most out of the overdraft fees.

I again called and emailed them demanding my overdraft fees back and also the $950.00 to be returned because they said it would be. They told me, its already posted theres nothing we can do. I said what about the person that told me it would be returned, and they told me, well its our policy to clear the largest transactions first, because alot of times large transactions are for house payments/car payments etc. BULL! They do this to get fees!

I even wrote a very professional letter to the branch manager, about a month later I got a letter back stating that the fees were applied correctly, and they do not HAVE to return a check even if the customer service center says its marked for return, because the customer service center has nothing to do with the actual bank that I bank at, so all fees would stay in place, and no refunds will be issued.

Ok here we are up to Aug. of 2008. Two $35.00 overdraft fees and a $10.00 fee appeared in my account. I contacted the bank my email and they gave me a number to call and said they would return the fees. I called the number and she said I was making it up, I said I have the name of the associate that replied to the email, I gave her the name and she said "Sir, no one with that name works for BOA, either you are making this up, or you got a fraudulent email."

I asked how is it fraudulent when its the email in my bank account. She just replied sir, im sorry but we can not refund the fees. I didnt understand since no where on my account was I negative.

In Conclusion I closed my checking/savings account with them, and filed a report with the BBB, BOA has responded and called me and left a message, An Executive would like to work things out, Only way things will be worked out is return of my fees from Feb. and return of my fees from this month(AUg 2008)

Anyone else having problems with BOA lying to them?

Total loss in fees due to BOA ripping me off $490.00

Total loss in fees due to BOA ripping americans off: Over $1,000,000,000

Nick
Spearfish, South Dakota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2008 09:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-america/santa-maria-california-93454/bank-of-america-rip-off-lies-fees-santa-maria-california-366894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Not a ripoff.

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

POSTED: Tuesday, August 26, 2008
The OCC has found that the banks have the right to make their own posting order. In fact, the main letter I've found was written in May 2001 - which was also based on California law, so it isn't the current administration isn't to blame for that!

Read these letters:

Here's a sampling from #916:

"The Bank concludes that it needs to adopt the high-to-low order of posting so that
customers who frequently write checks against insufficient funds do not do business with the
Bank primarily because the Bank's fee for checks presented against insufficient funds is lower
than its competitors'"

The OCC also found that the posting order and the NSF fees are designed to be punitive in order to encourage people to not write checks/spend money when they have insufficient funds. If you don't like their findings, I suggest you contact your congressman to get them to change the law(s).

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair