X  |  CLOSE

• Updated:
  • Reported By: Joseph Smitty — Richmond Texas United States of America
  • Christian Brothers Automotive Right off 99 Internet United States of America

Christian Brothers Automotive Attempted massive overcharge!!! Internet

My wife's water pump went out. Christian Brother Automotive was near our old house in Katy, TX. They were told her that it would cost ~$1200 with tax to replace the water pump, gaskets, and belts. When she caled me to tell me this I thought she must have not heard correctly. I was shocked when the guy from Christian Brothers told me the same thing...calmly.

I told the guy that my wife would get back to him. I called Integrity Tire & Auto in Richmond and they quote me a price over the phone that was LESS than half of what Christian Brothers were charging for everything.

Here is the kicker...my wife told Christian Brothers that she could not afford to have the pump replaced there. They told her okay but it would cost her ~$300 for them to put her car parts back in. Wow...she had already paid $60 for the analysis.

Afterward I talked to a co-worker of mine that had another horror story about Christian Brothers. I wish I would have talked to him first.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2009 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/christian-brothers-automotive/internet/christian-brothers-automotive-attempted-massive-overcharge-internet-519415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair