Ripoff Report Needs Your Help!
X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: EVO Merchant Services - Internet

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Scammed — pittsburgh Pennsylvania
  • Author Not Confirmed What's this?
  • Why?
  • EVO Merchant Services Internet USA

EVO Merchant Services Iconnect POS Software Extortion, scammed, contract, withheld funds, credit card funds stolen, liars, fraudulent, withheld contract, money on reserve Portland ME Internet

*Author of original report: EVO is trying to get to the bottom of this.

*Author of original report: Iconnect is on my side and they are trying!

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix

I have been using the POS software, Iconnect, for some time. Because the first two merchant processors they referred me to had way too many issues, I have been using an outside terminal. I contacted Iconnect to see if they had a new merchant processor who was updated. My rep highly recommended their new processor, EVO Merchant Services, also known as Powerpay, speaking very highly of them.

I took the necessary steps to switch over and was told my account was ready to go. I started processing credit cards with EVO via the iconnect with no problems, so it seemed. Two weeks later, there were still were NO funds deposited into my bank account. I called. They then told me the funds from my credit card sales were in "reserve" until I sent in the required documents. What required documents?? They have been processing my credit card sales for two weeks! They sent me a contract, and told me I still needed to send a voided check. This is the first time I am hearing this. I did this immediately and sent everything within the hour (Monday morning). By Thursday, still nothing. No one would get back to me from EVO, and my iconnect rep was clueless.

Finally, late Thursday, an email came through from EVO sating my funds were "released". I checked my bank account on Friday and less than half of my sales were deposited. After an entire days worth of phone calls and emails back and forth between myself, EVO Underwriters, merchant reps and my iconnect rep I got an answer. The girl on the phone at EVO quite rudely told me that if your finds are in "reserve" you will only receive a portion of them...the rest will be released in 6 months!! AND If I decide to cancel the account, they keep my money (over half of my sales). She asked if I read my contract because it's in there. (I still do not see where they state this.)

So basically, they started processing my credit cards without the contract so they could gain as much money in "reserve" until I noticed. Once I did notice, I had to sign the contract or I would not get my money, well less than half of it.  I realize this is my stupid fault for not realizing this sooner. I completely took the recommendation from iconnect, whom I trusted, instead of researching these criminals in the first place. I will be hiring a lawyer. I unfortunately, can't cancel any accounts, most every other merchant has a cancel anytime policy. EVO does not. I am now locked in for 3 years...something else I failed to understand.

Iconnect and EVO (Powerpay). These two companies have almost ruined me as I have no way to pay my employees and my bills now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2014 08:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/evo-merchant-services/internet/evo-merchant-services-iconnect-pos-software-extortion-scammed-contract-withheld-funds-1182326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

2Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

EVO is trying to get to the bottom of this.

AUTHOR: Scammed - ()

POSTED: Monday, October 13, 2014

Today I reveived emails from EVO stating that the above is not their policy and they do not have any more funds in reserve. On Friday, the poerson I spoke with said something totally different. She told me that I would only receive a portion of the funds and the rest would be held for 6 months. They have finally sent me a list of transactions.

Iconnect is on my side and they are trying!

AUTHOR: Scammed - ()

POSTED: Saturday, October 11, 2014

I just wanted to update that Iconnect is trying very hard to get EVO to release my money. Iconnect has always been great, especially my rep, so I am hopeful.

We shall see what EVO Merchant Services does now...

Featured Reports

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair