X  |  CLOSE

Complaint Review: First Texas Homes - Arlington Texas

• Submitted:
  • Updated:
  • Reported By: Arlington Texas
  • First Texas Homes 2221 East Lamar Blvd. Arlington, Texas U.S.A.

First Texas Homes False Advertisement and poor installation of air conditioning systems in new homes. Failure to meet the requirements of the IECC energy code adopted by the state of Texas and cities in the North Texas area. Arlington Texas

Report about YOU
We can get those
removed for you!
Find out more here.
How to fix
I writing in support of many homeowners who have been taken advantage of by First Texas Homes and the air conditioning contractors who have installed poorly designed and installed AC systems in new homes all across North Texas. I have filed a case in October 2005 against First Texas Homes regarding a new home my wife I were going to build with First Texas Homes.

After discovering that load calculations were not used to size the new systems and that the home had twice as much air conditioning capacity installed as needed I question First Texas Homes and the city inspector who passed the new systems and Green Tagged them. The new systems did not have the correct size copper lines installed between the inside and outside units. The units also did not have the correct metering device installed to allow them to achieve the advertised efficiency levels the home builder was using in their new home brochures.

I am an AC contractor in the state of Texas and have been in the HVAC and Electrical industry for 30 years. I know and understand HVAC systems and energy efficiency as well as any one in this industry. My wife and I did not go throught with the purchase and after a lot of headache was finally able to get our earnest money back. I have been fighting the state regarding the new IECC energy code adopted by the state. I am meeting with the city of Arlington on Friday January the 16th, 2009 to discuss them the next steps that will be taken in court regarding the new homes being built in Arlington not only by First Texas Homes but the other major builders as well.

Anyone who has problems with First Texas Homes and air conditioning problems needs to contact the office of the attorney general consumer affairs divsion in Dallas county and report this to their office and reference the case that was filed in October 2005 by me. Please speak with Mrs. Farris in their office. Anyone interested in pursuing this please contact me or the soemone with the Rip Off Report as soon as possible. To much time has been wasted already trying to get the state and local city governments to do the right thing for homeowners and tax payers in Texas.

Jeff
Arlington, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2009 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/first-texas-homes/arlington-texas-76001/first-texas-homes-false-advertisement-and-poor-installation-of-air-conditioning-systems-in-411064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair