Complaint Review: Geico insurance

• Submitted: Thu, March 31, 2016
  • Updated: Thu, March 31, 2016
  • Reported By: Tom C — norwood Massachusetts United States of America
  • Geico insurance

I filled out the form on thier website. I then called the number 800 947 2886. Spoke to a rep. She asked me a few questions,then gave me a quote of around $400.00. She then asked for my CC. I gave it to her. Within 1 minute the 6 moth policy jumped up to $5'75.00 I'm starting to get angry, but cose to take the hit.

2 days later, I recieved an email infoming me that some new info came up and my rate was going up another$185.00. I immedeatly called them and told the rep that I wanted to cancel my policy, which hadn't started yet. Thank God!They tried to talk me tnto staying with them. I said: Not a chance in hell. As I am writing this, I am waiting for a $675.00 refund I will probabley never see. At least for a while anyways.

I spoke with my current insurance company about this, They told me they have heard the exact same things that happened to me, happen to other people. They mentioned Progressive insurance, using the same practices. Beware of those colorful TV commercials.It's beem my experience that all they want is your money!Please be careful and good luck!!!!!!

Tom, Norwood Mass

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2016 02:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Geico bait and switch

AUTHOR: Ex Employee - (USA)

First thing you need Tom is spell check. That being said, You should have simply reported the cahrge to your credit card company and they would have cancelled the transaction.

NEVER give your credit card to an insurance company-just for this reason. ALWAYS ask for a paper copy with a quote.

If there were additional charges made for 'new' information, you didn't tell them the whole story-you had an accident you tell them about-you have tickets you 'forgot' to mention, something.

So it is not a bait-and-switch situation.

Received refund!

AUTHOR: - ()

To Be fair, I figured I would let people know that I did receive my $675.00 refund from Geico. I still don't reccomend that anyone use their services!

Tom Norwood Mass