X  |  CLOSE

Find out more here.
How to fix

Regarding:          lack of refund for Office 2015 that was returned to IYogi

Date:                     October 13, 2015

This is a complaint about IYogi  Internet Services and their not refunding me a product I purchased on June 25, 2015.

The History:

I purchased two products on June 25, 2015 at the recommendation from an IYogi employee.  The products were Microsoft office 2013 and Microsoft windows 8.1.  In an attempt by the technicians from IYogi and Lenovo to try to get Microsoft windows 8.1 on my computer, the hard drive crashed.  I had no need for the products.  After some phone calls about the problem, on July 9th, I was refunded $175.99 which reflected the cost for windows 8. Before the product was even returned.  I sent both products (windows 8.1 and Microsoft office 2013) back on 7/14/15 and after repeated phone calls to see if the products arrived (I didn’t have the tracking number and they couldn’t tell me where it was), on 8/18/15 the products apparently arrived and they said they would refund the remaining amount of $259.99 for the Microsoft Office.

Immediately on 8/19/15 my American Express had a refund of $84.00, not the $259.99.  When questioned about that refund on 8/19/15 the customer “service” person said he didn’t know about that refund but the $259.99 would be refunded in 5-7 business days. Reference #2015081916756762.

I called 8/26/15 and was told that it was processed on 8/18/15 and I would be refunded in 3-5 business days.

I called on 9/5/15 and again was told by an Amit Kumar the refund was processed on 8/18/15 and would be in my American express on 9/8/15. I again explained there was a refund of $84.00 but he also said he didn’t know about that refund. Transaction # 2015090516851040.

I called on 9/10/15 and was told by a “service” representative that it was just processed (despite prior representatives saying it was processed on 8/18/15) and would be in my American Express in 3-5 business days.  As of 9/18/15, there is no refund

I called customer service again 9/15/15 and she said she would have them investigate why I haven’t gotten refund and to call in 24-48 hours.  The number I called was 855-732-32322.

I called 9/18/15 and was told it was processed on 9/15 and it would be 2-3 business days.  I said this was NOT acceptable and wanted to speak to his supervisor or the finance department.  He referred me to Akhmed, supervisor from the customer service department. He reiterated that the refund has been made.  I told him, no, the American Express only shows the $84.00 refund on Aug. 19, 2015.  He requested I email a copy of the statement showing the refund, which I have done.  I am to call him back Wednesday 9/23/15 so he has a couple of business days to investigate.

I called on 9/23 and still no resolution and was told by ‘Shivi” that her supervisor would call me in 1-2 days.  No phone call

9/30/15 I called again and the supervisor didn’t know what the problem was.  I re-explained and was transferred to “Rohit” who said he would know by tomorrow at this time (9 AM) when the refund would be in my account.  I told him if the refund was not in the American Express account on the stated date, I was going to contact the BBB and FTC with this letter.

I called on 10/1/15 and spoke again to Rohit and he said the deposit would be made by 10/6/15.  It is now 10/7/15 and I called customer service yet again.  I got the same advice, call back in 2 days.    This is the stall tactic.  I have called 10 times about the refund with exactly the same answer, “call back”.

What I want:

I am highly disappointed in the IYogi service.  I feel I am being jerked around on the refund. If there is a problem with the refund, please advise and I can provide all the necessary materials to prove I am owed $175.99 ($259.99 minus $84.00) .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2015 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/iyogi/nationwide/iyogi-lack-of-refund-for-product-returned-nationwide-1261318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

What do hackers,
questionable attorneys and
fake court orders have in common?
...Dishonest Reputation Management Investigates Reputation Repair